Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I should note that the prp injection into my bicep tendon has affected the most unbelievable improvement since the dr. punched the prp directly into the tendon. Wasn't expecting so much improvement, as the tendon won't transport blood and, thus, the prp, along its length to heal so much. But I have been blown away in how that just happened that the needle landed right on it for the shot and how much it's come along. Knee also benefited additionally. I am so grateful for this medicine.

Just checking in to say I basically never think about my knee or shoulder much anymore. And that's exactly everything I could have ever hoped for.

Success stories 2 for 2, going to be 3 for 3 soon. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mir1950 View Post
    Just had Regenexx Stem Cell Therapy on both knees 2 weeks ago. One knee, bone on bone..the other, not so bad. Anyone experience this procedure?
    Please check in at 100 days with an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Mir1950 View Post
    Thanks Rod for the reply. What was your schedule for activity? My doc has me wearing horrible braces and only 10 minutes of walking, twice a day, and my body is suffering from inactivity! Did you take the regenexx advanced stem cell support formula - a discussing powder ? I had my last injection 1 1/2 weeks ago. I'd love to know what your post-op instructions were.
    That sounds pretty brutal. Were you active before the procedure? Are there follow up PRP injections?

Keep your parts and regrow them!

Remember, you can get it done in Incline if your doc doesn't do it. PM Patches. Great maggot peeps, his wife and him.

I've seen some pretty elderly people in the office of Patches and the Mrs getting it done.
    Maybe he can speak to that...

FKNA! That sounds great. I know how you feel to be able to function again and it is definitely wonderful.

I had the surgery to remove part of my meniscus and ended up needing stem cells to walk again. And I had the head ortho for the US Ski Team. The inherent risks any surgeries involve are greatly understated imo. Stem cells allow you to keep your parts without major surgery and be new again. Lots of us old geezers here learned the knife is not the only solution. But, hey, it's your body...what could possibly go wrong?

If anyone can't find a doctor to do this, feel free to contact me about getting in touch with Patches. He and his wife are on the leading edge of this and some other medical tech and have been traveling a lot to teach other doctors their mad skilz, but I can reach out to them as we have bonded somewhat over my wonderful experience. I also posted Patches' email in the first post on the first thread. If you're flying in, I might be able to help arrange ground transport.

Thanks. A little research to support what those of us who did it already know.

Sorry, I only injure myself out west.
    But based on my experience, you got nothing to lose and everything to gain with stem cells.

My left knee has been bothering me more. I think it has been due to lack of skiing. Last week or so at Mammoth I skied some slushy sun baked powder off the top of 23 and stopped at the bottom to look back at it and felt my knee pop back into the socket, which was very scary. It felt like quite the POP. Sure could use some prp followup but I think Dr. Gelber has fallen into laser face treatments exclusively. Saw an ad on the web for centrifuges and am seriously considering drawing my own blood and doing my own prp injections. Pretty sure I could round up everything I need...

bump for amy

I couldn't think of a better healing therapy for a transplant than stem cells, though I know you'll be on some anti-rejection drugs, etc., so hard to say how they play with or against that. Is Stone doing your transplant?

Wow. Please report back on your progress and keep in mind that I re-tore my meniscus repair going a bit overboard on my mountain bike five months after the repair.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    I've got bad osteoarthritis in my left knee and just had stem cell and PRP injections a week ago Thursday. They used both bone marrow and fat for the stem cells. 4 years ago I had surgery for a torn meniscus on this knee and they ended up removing 70% of the meniscus. My knee was the never the same afterwards, and I had to give up telemarking due to pain last year after 30+ years. I'll report back now this goes. My right knee has a torn meniscus and some arthritis - I plan to try to survive this ski season and then treat it with stem cells in the spring. I don't want to have surgery on it after the outcome I experienced on the left one.
    You got 4 months before it really kicks in, WMD. Your story is a lot like mine. Hang it there, it's coming....

Quote Originally Posted by BAKEESTA View Post
    The only reason I am posting is because too many of my ski brozz get hurt, get an mri, and the ortho guy says gotta cut. I torn my ACL, MCL, meniscus in jackson hole last february 14th, 2013. The local ortho surgeon even called me and said I had such a high grade tear I would probably never heal completely without the surgery. He was dead wrong. This stem cell thing worked for me. Hey maybe I would have healed without any stem cell injections, but my injured knee is now better than my good uninjured knee. Everyone knows surgery is a last resort. At least we have an option with the stem cell thing. Also, I am not plugging regenexx but if you look at the research they have published over 800 papers on this stuff. Thats 8x more than anyone else in the world. This post is only to help. If anyone is doubting my authenticity give me a private post and I will give you my email, phone etc and send you my mri before and after. also, the other post asked how they pinpoint the injections. They use a fluoroscope for the ACL. The Dr. sees the bones and injects a die into the acl and than injects the stem cells and looks for the die to be pushed out by the stem cell fluid. The MCL is done with a sonogram on a screen. He can see the needle move into the joint and injects as needed.
    Stay safe and stay healthy all.
    Use of the fluoroscope really helps.
    I had my torn left bicep tendon shot into directly and the improvement was unreal.

Bumping it up so gnarwhale can find it.