TR: Emergency Eye Surgery w. pre-op and post-op pics

dear friends,

stop touching your fucking face! especially if you work on an ambulance or otherwise come into contact with sick people on the regular.

because....... :

your eyeball could get infected and you will need emergency surgery and they will have to open you up, clean it out, and install a drain FROM INSIDE BEHIND YOUR EYE.... ick ick ick ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh

they will stick needles in your eyeball, clamp open your eyelid and operate all while you're completely lucid. then you will have to wear this enormous bandage for a week while it "drains" and also be subjected to a smörgåsbord of pirate jokes

on the plus side, I am out on workmans comp for a bit and also have some valium and vicodin (and vancomycin, although that doesn't seem to be as fun)...

pre-op, heeeere we go! waiting for vallium to kick in:

my "caretaker" (who has been the caretaking-ee for the last 4 months since he fell off a cliff at kirkwood):

between the two of us, we've got three working legs, three working eyeballs, and a half-paralyzed dog with a broken back! (and a half-blind cat).

but, we're alive and kickin... life is good

send stella, stat
    love,
    beandip
    Last edited by BeanDip4All; 08-09-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Damn, take care of yourself. Heal up and be careful...
    [quote][//quote]

You are a walking disaster of misfortune. And your home is a mess. Heal up quick.

But, it could be worse. You could increase your rate of surgical procedures from twice a year to 4 times a year like my wife. Every time I think we reached the end of the tunnel, I discover it's only another shaft.

Bummer. Heal up.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

YARRR!!!!!

At least ye can be wearin' an eye patch now. arrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    And your home is a mess.

Haha! True! In the current state of affairs, its a miracle we've been able to walk the dog and feed the cat, no concern for being a bit of slobs around here!
    I slept 15hrs last night, then spent the day taking a 4hr nap, cuddling the cat, taking vicodin, and eating ice cream. It's SO ITCHY underneath the goddamn eye bandage... I get to take it off in another 12hrs. I can feel it filled with and oozing pus, its driving me crazy tryin not to fuck with it or rip it off. Coworkers stopped by all day at 3hr incriments to make sure I hadn't taken it off... Now being babysat by the nerd. 12 more hours!!! faaack

Damn.
    Been through eye trauma a few times. It sucks. A lot.
    Best wishes.

when I had eye surgery and had to hang around the house with poor vision, I enjoyed listening to all the back episodes of this american life and wiretap (cbc).

Podcasts and npr got me through eye surgery rehab.

Damn! That sounds like it really sucks.
    I second Yetis podcast recommendation, theres a short thread in Music, Books and Movies.
    But if I had to choose one I'd recommend Radiolab.