Titans or Quadrants?

I'm going to make the change to a tech binding system this season and need new boots too. These two boots have my eye and I just can't seem to pick one or the other. They will be driving 186 ehp's. These boots will see some miles, so which ones?

Thans for the input.

Whatever fits you better. I tried both on and the Quadrant was way too wide. For what it's worth, the Vibram sole on my Titans is falling apart ridiculously fast, but nothing else is wearing out.

The quadrant will tour better, the titans will drive the ehp's better.

It is a pain in the ass changing the soles in the BD boots, compared to titans. Unless they changed the construction from factor to quadrant? However, I am very happy with my factors and I'm considering quadrant as my next allround boot for it's enhanced touring mode. Titans is, in my opinion a bit too stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimB View Post
    It is a pain in the ass changing the soles in the BD boots, compared to titans. Unless they changed the construction from factor to quadrant? However, I am very happy with my factors and I'm considering quadrant as my next allround boot for it's enhanced touring mode. Titans is, in my opinion a bit too stiff.
    You cant change the soles in quadrants.

If you go the quadrant route, beware that the stock liners are really shitty.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Shit that's right, my bad. A reason not to get them tho...

Shit that's right, my bad. A reason not to get them tho...
    Depends.
    I have used the quadrants in dukes,look/rossi p14s & atomic neox´s. 60+ days and no probs whatsover with the release etc.. I ditched my alpine boots and havent looked back.

I wouldn't expect any trouble after 60 days but if your like me and don't want to buy new boot every seasonm or even every other than there could be. I like the exchangeable soles even if there are no AT soles available simply cause the boots aren't done just cause the soles are.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    my friend had the quads and did not like the fit at all. i have the maestrale's and love em

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    If you go the quadrant route, beware that the stock liners are really shitty.
    Worse than the Titan liners? Those are pretty damn uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    The quadrant will tour better, the titans will drive the ehp's better.
    not true at all. the titan will tour better if it fits better (i.e. no blisters on the heel), the quadrant will ski the ehp's better if they fit better and don't crush you feet and force you to upsize the titan shell.

the titan and quadrant are diametrically opposed in shell fit. they are on the opposite end of the spectrum for at boots. either 1 fits or the other. simply put, there is a 0% chance that both will fit equally well.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Has anyone tried out the Titan Ultralight?

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    my friend had the quads and did not like the fit at all. i have the maestrale's and love em
    I have Maestrales and like them a lot with easy-riding mid-fats. Even though I'm really small (140 lbs), I can't imaging them being stiff enough to drive something like an ehp. I never even bothered to try it last winter, so I might be wrong.

Marshalolsen's advise is spot on. Whatever fits the best will be the one you want. But, if I were in your position, I would add the Tecnica Cochise to the list. http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...e-touring-boot

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderkind View Post
    Has anyone tried out the Titan Ultralight?
    according to greg hill, it skis the same as the normal titan. same shell and stiffness, just made from pebax. it is unclear however how much lighter they are, compared to a titan + intuition.

and yes, the cochise is a nice option. it splits the difference in terms of fit, between a BD and Titan in the forefoot.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

I wouldn't expect any trouble after 60 days but if your like me and don't want to buy new boot every seasonm or even every other than there could be. I like the exchangeable soles even if there are no AT soles available simply cause the boots aren't done just cause the soles are.
    At least my quadrants have zero,zilch, wear & tear from bindings. A bit dings from scrambling,edges and other usual stuff but nothing from bindings itself. So that part is void.

I understand the concern of rubber wearing out,but from my experience the sole rubber on Quadrants have held up exceptionally well,they are practically like new. My old megarides were shredded after first season (skied 3 with them), radiums got bitten, as did zzeus & factors. And if you would happen to wear out the rubber (in what,3-4 years?) ,it should be no problem to replace it. Obviously if you are sledding 100+ days a year,the rubber wear might be an actual concern.
    The other problem with many replaceable lugs is that they are very flat,almost 90´. That equals to a shitty stride. Quadrants walk better than factors or zzeus.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    Worse than the Titan liners? Those are pretty damn uncomfortable.
    I tried the titans and as the smallest size were 25 (I use 24.5 in quadrants) so they were not totally compareable. But yes,as shitty as the titans liners were, the BDs liners take the victory here.
    I cant even remotely use the original liners. Not that they are mushy,cold,unsupportive and heavy,but the front part stiching & construction totally crushes my fore feet and toes.
    Even after heatmolding it was impossible to have the boots on even for 5 minutes because of the pain and loss of circulation in the toes.

Intuition powerwraps remedied the situation totally. Warmer,comfier,stiffens up the boot,way better handling,lighter and dries quicker. On the downside the wrap around construction affects the
    walk mode a bit,but I havent had probs even with 10km walkouts with the boot.

And yes, the last on titans and quadrants are way different. As I have small feet, the boot manufacturers decision to narrow the boot as the sizes go down has been my bane.
    So the wide last of quadrants fit me perfect,but the titans felt a tad narrow. Like "I might to need to punch them" narrow, not like "aaarhhh!" narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Whatever fits you better. I tried both on and the Quadrant was way too wide. For what it's worth, the Vibram sole on my Titans is falling apart ridiculously fast, but nothing else is wearing out.
    Titans have NO vibram soles. They are made by skywalk.
    And yes, quadrant and titan serve two completely different types of foot. Just try them, the decision will be quite easy

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    Just try them, the decision will be quite easy
    When you do try them on, bring your current, worn-in liners. The Titan liners are deceivingly tight out of the box and the shell fit is not actually that restrictive with worn-in liners.

Titans have NO vibram soles. They are made by skywalk.
    And yes, quadrant and titan serve two completely different types of foot. Just try them, the decision will be quite easy
    My bad. Perhaps that's why they're falling apart?

Thank you for the input. Leaning towards the titan pending fit.