Forum Navigation Needs Work

This is far too cluttered and is missing some key items like User CP. What don't we need? What's missing?

What's missing? The space all the ads take up? But that's prolly not optional. Dunno, I only use the new posts button so don't 'navigate' much.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

1. You have 3 layers of menu selections, then 1 more layer in the upper left. This should be 1, with dropdowns (at most), or location sensitive menus that change
    2. clean out the shit. I don't need a facebook bar, snowfall bar, most recent video/blog/photo AND 2 ads. Either consolidate these into 1 cohesive "Community update area" (with options to turn things off) or get rid of them. The current interface is the web page equivalent to that guy with all the random tats that look like stamps.
    3. Optimize - TGR is slow as hell and crashes my browser at work intermittently. Audit your ads for script issues and other stuff and clean up your code.

Navigation is WAY less broken than search, IMO. Need any suggestions there?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    the hof needs some serious love thats the representation of years of maggot work?
    I am still seeing asshated polishitslinging crap on my front page of new posts?
    Why cant archive threads be bumped from there yet old ski/snow threads can
    searchbar blows
    might as well replace summits w/ gay mountaineering I just dont see a summit happening again
    any of those would be a good start
    strong work nukein the china thread spam attack this morn whomever
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Wandrin* View Post
    Navigation is WAY less broken than search, IMO. Need any suggestions there?
    I work with this dude, he knows nothing
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Thanks for the feedback, schuss! I've logged it in our system for us to potentially address.

Thanks Wandrin. Per the other Ask TGR threads on search here the current status on it is:

We are in the process of building a new site wide search framework as part of a larger redesign that should dramatically improve search functionality within the forums.

Also logged, thanks for the feedback skifishbum.