Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Spotify

Spotify

Who is using it? What's it like? Why do I want it?

Signed up for an invite yesterday.....still waiting.

It's like iTunes sharing with a gajillion people - the amount of music available is astounding. There is no curation so unlike Pandora there is no suggestion or next song to surprise you and turn you on to new stuff. If you plug it into your Facebook profile you can probably see friends playlists and or suggestions from other sources, but I have not done that yet. I've been catching up on music I'm ashamed to like and do not own, once I am past that I'll plug into Facebook and start sharing. I'm also considering using the paid side of things which allows you to take the service mobile and even save songs for offline play - without purchasing the music. When you have a paid account you can also upload your library and have it live in the cloud.
    another Handsome Boy graduate

I'm on Spotify. Still looking around to see what's what.

Big fan. My ears have been very happy.

I'm so stoked on it right now that I'm actually considering PAYING the $10/ month for it. Having it on my HTC EVO 4G would be really slick for drive times... but I do have a pretty good backlog of podcasts that I enjoy - so being desk only isn't a big deal yet.

anyone got an extra invite?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20...on-to-spotify/

Looks like coca-cola is giving them out for your email addy.

Anyone have a invite?.........................................
    Coca-Cola® and Spotify. How refreshing.

Coca-Cola loves music. Particularly free music, that’s easily shareable. That’s why we’re teaming up with Spotify for its launch in the U.S. Just drop in your email to unlock your code for your free subscription and start listening!

Unfortunately we're all out of invitations for now, but if you enter your email address we'll get you Spotify as soon as we can.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

It only took me 24 hours to get in without going the Coke route.

damn tuckerman - that was QUICK. I think these things are getting snapped up like phish tickets at a hippy commune.

Took me 4-5 days to get my invited after I signed up on the Spotify webpage.

Its pretty cool.... and its free with no Pandora/Slacker BS. You can play whatever you want. I have yet to fail at finding a song or artist I was looking for.

Im in, and liking this thing a lot.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Took me 4 days to get an invite. Now I'm in and initially impressed. Can't wait to see how it all works. Have been using rhapsody and slacker for a while now. Think I'm going to give this a try for a bit.

google up adify and you can block ads on the free version. It's in frech - but working fine for me.

I have a spotify account but won't be using it again. If you get an invite with an account, then I have one if anybody needs.

What is still a million times better, not even close imo.

I'll take it AA and give it a shot. Email is my username (at) the gmail
    I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

Sorry, but what is What and why is it better? I still haven't used the Spotify account I signed up for.
    [quote][//quote]

Wow. Spotify is friggin' awesome. Paying 16.99 a CD just a few years ago feels like a bad dream now. I think I'm going to ditch my Rhapsody and Slacker accounts for a Spotify Premium. I can't wait until a lot of people get going on Spotify. I linked with facebook, but so far only have one friend that has done the same. The sharing features will really set Spotify above the other stuff out there from what I can tell.

OK, it only took a little while before I decided to ditch slacker and rhapsody in favor of spotify. I went for the premium $9.99 a month so I can use it on my phone. In return for my business, they hooked me up with some invites. I have a few left if any of you maggots wants one.

I didn't get one from AA like I'd hoped (hint, hint).

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    I didn't get one from AA like I'd hoped (hint, hint).
    Just sent you one.

You're a scholar and a gentleman! Thank you very much

I got in yesterday and it's great. I making a playlist of songs from ski movies. About half of the songs I search for aren't on there, but it's free, so I don't mind.

Wow! Just listened for 8+ hours and I don't want to stop but it's 3AM. I haven't put in a pure music session like that in many years. Premium service = mind fully blown. Nearly everything is spot on.

digging the musci, but any hints on taking it with me?
    even if i upgrade to premium it seems like it will crush all the music i have ammassed on my i pod from different people which would not make me happy.