Scarpa F1's shop impressions

Finally got a chance to shop fondle them today. Got to try them on damn they're comfy, feel like a slipper rather then a ski boot Kinda a nice feel. REALLY light, and the shop guy said that they've been modifying them by pulling off the metal open/close mechanism and adding a booster strap which brings the weight down to just under 2 pounds per boot . Even though it was so light I thought it was a pretty solid feeling, my first impression was that the flex felt similar to my T2's

F1's + Dyafits + lightweight skis = Gear I'm salivating over for next year
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Wink

Bah, go fat or go home, wussy.

Freerides, or better yet alpine binders+Trekkers, race boots, and some nice long, fat skis.

You may beat me to the top, but I'll ski that 200 vertical foot patch of mush in 2 turns instead of three.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster

You may beat me to the top, but I'll ski that 200 vertical foot patch of mush in 2 turns instead of three.
    You would put a turn in there..????...maybe part of a turn but not a whole 2 turns

Hmmm since I've got at least 4 pairs of fat skis that I could use in some kind of BC terrain I really don't think I need to get yet ANOTHER pair of fat skis

although Spatulas with some demo bindings and plug boots would probably be ideal for the 14 mile round trip up Mt Marcy Especially since it snows a TON in the adirondaks so whatever snow is left is usually waist deep
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

You know I'm messing with you Laser, it really is much harder to convey sarcasm when you're typing instead of speaking.

And you should know that there are better and easier accessed bc lines in the 'dacks than Marcy. However, I'd be honored to tag along on just about any of your backcountry trips this year if it ever freaking snows.

You'll kick my ass on the uphills with a touring setup like that, but I've heard mixed reviews of the F1's on downhills, I'd look at some other lightweight touring boot without the flexible bellows, as that is supposed to be a bit scary in iffy terrain at any speed above "sideslip."

use of rolleyes must have been missed

s'alright

For me the F1s are race boots-wear 'em to race and to train for racing. I think it's pretty hard to ski little bitty 160cm 93-67-83 skis in backcountry snow conditions, and F1s don't make it any easier. But, there are plenty of Euro types who can really rip with race gear. At the Powderkeg last year, they skied the downhills just as fast as several Alta lift ops, a Snowbasin patroller and a Park City ski patroller on much heavier gear. Strange but true.

You'll kick my ass on the uphills with a touring setup like that, but I've heard mixed reviews of the F1's on downhills, I'd look at some other lightweight touring boot without the flexible bellows, as that is supposed to be a bit scary in iffy terrain at any speed above "sideslip."
    ummm over on TTips a certain Mr. Mclean said they'd become his main ski boot...

Quote Originally Posted by cj001f
    ummm over on TTips a certain Mr. Mclean said they'd become his main ski boot...
    he sucks what he does isn't really skiing, he ought to take some lessons from that Tanner kid about bringing his "game" out to the mountains

That Tanner kid is a little, you know, funny...

"In it's second year of competition Slopestyle once again posted a pair of roommates at one and two. And once again, Tanner Hall came out on top.

"I'm psyched I found someone [like Pep]," says Hall. "We feed off each other's 'energy' and push each other."

So, is Pep upset that he narrowly missed the gold to his roommate?

"Whatever," says Fujas. "Silver, gold, it doesn't matter to me. I got to do some tricks and I'm going to get money for it."

Plus, it will help pay his half of the rent."

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyskier
    That Tanner kid is a little, you know, funny...

"In it's second year of competition Slopestyle once again posted a pair of roommates at one and two. And once again, Tanner Hall came out on top.

"I'm psyched I found someone [like Pep]," says Hall. "We feed off each other's 'energy' and push each other."

So, is Pep upset that he narrowly missed the gold to his roommate?

"Whatever," says Fujas. "Silver, gold, it doesn't matter to me. I got to do some tricks and I'm going to get money for it."

Plus, it will help pay his half of the rent."

SO CORE