Search function - Just a dog not working

I am trying to find the 'just a dog' thread in the padded room. Unfortunately, the search function was probably written by a SPED student on crack and continues to come up with no results despite using quotes or any other search engine input. Kindly fix or smack the programmer upside the head for lack of caffeine.
    Thanks.
    -MC
    "Palin/Bachmann 2010 - It's a No-Brainer!"

Go to Google's advanced search. Plug in https://www.tetongravity.com/forums as the domain, and enter your search in quotation marks. Or you can just enter "just a dog" and site:httpcolonslashslashdottetongravitydotcomslash forums (use colons and slashes where I spelled them out) in your google search bar. Should work.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

doughboyshredder Guest
    it's even easier than that

type in the google search bar (or the address bar in chrome) just a dog site:tetongravity.com

Or just say "fuck it" and don't bother, cuz the "upgrade" to this site is the biggest goatfuck since the '08 election.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Google search doesn't work on the padded room because it's hidden until you go through the verification.

When the search page comes up, there are two tabs in the upper left corner. Click the left-hand one ("Search single content type") and you'll have something like the old search function back. For some reason it defaults to "Search multiple content types", which is totally broken.

Just tried to use the search and I have to say it sucks a fat dick !
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

We are in the process of building a new site wide search framework as part of a larger redesign that should dramatically improve search functionality within the forums. Stay tuned...

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    stayin tuned but the search engine fuckin still blows
    but it snowed and i'm sure your gittin some but.....
    stay tuned till next summer????
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Used to be able to search by subforum... that was very useful when searching for just tech talk threads without getting 19837498175 gear swap threads for the same search terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Used to be able to search by subforum... that was very useful when searching for just tech talk threads without getting 19837498175 gear swap threads for the same search terms.
    That's broken too? I usually do that by going to, say, tech talk then using the 'search this forum' button over in the top right corner. I'll test it when I get off the hill.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Now I'm looking for the "just a dog" thread and can't find it. I'll just put this here until I find it.

edit: Found it
    Last edited by zartagen; 06-12-2014 at 10:41 PM.

bump
    just cuz

throwing up the old "search JONG" link for alternate (and sometimes more direct) search method:
    https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=0...%3Agoe34wkkkv8

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    bump
    just cuz

throwing up the old "search JONG" link for alternate (and sometimes more direct) search method:
    https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=0...%3Agoe34wkkkv8

Bookmark, thanks

So do we know yet why if you search threads started by a particular person, it only goes back to 2009? Is the older data potentially going to be nixed at a certain point if something isn't clicked?