How about a ski builders forum?

skibuilders.com has pretty much shit the bed. It would be nice to have a forum on here for skibuilders to talk about nerdy skibuilding shit. Maybe even cut and paste some of the more important threads from skibuilders over to here.

Tech Talk Bitch!!!!!
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

tech talk is too busy and ski building threads would drop out way too quick. Skibuilders is an active forum, but the guys running it haven't updated for a long time and it's falling apart.

Its true. This is important. We should back up data overhere. Lets do this shit yo!! ty make this happen or whoev.

That would be cool but there would have to be some heavy moderation. No one wants to keep seeing posts about polly cunthat and the like popping up. It should be strictly about ski building / board building. Anyone posting anything but that, should be banned for 37.5 hours and 53 seconds.
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

ill moderate that shit...kinda

Quote Originally Posted by bmg97 View Post
    That would be cool but there would have to be some heavy moderation. No one wants to keep seeing posts about polly cunthat and the like popping up. It should be strictly about ski building / board building. Anyone posting anything but that, should be banned for 37.5 hours and 53 seconds.
    I agree. Heavily moderated. Any posts about anything non build related get tossed, and the user gets banned for a day or two.

you just move the nsr to padded room. No banning. Just silence and ignore.

There should be a dicksuckers forum and every post of Irul's would get automagically moved there.

And about the original topic, I'll see what I can do.
    I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

We're talking about this, guys....
    We don't make the snow. We just make it more enjoyable.

Git Your FKNA On!

You Like?

fkna.com

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    tech talk is too busy and ski building threads would drop out way too quick. Skibuilders is an active forum, but the guys running it haven't updated for a long time and it's falling apart.
    . If you subscribe to a thread its never really buried in no mans land.

You can do this in Tech Talk. I used to see allot of chatter here about Ski Building. I also saw allot of posts encouraging people to move the traffic to SkiBuilders ? Go figure.

If you search correctly you can already pull about all the info you would ever need to take a stab at building a press acquiring materials and Building Skis or Boards

Hell we watched Iggyskier go from a newbie high school home builder, to the owner of ON3P right here.

I guess what I am saying is that there many nitche area's related to sking that are disscussed here, and I think we have more than enough buckets (Forums) here already.

I would not mind seeing an easy method to zero in on a specific topic within the forums and within threads.

Quick Search? {Ski Building} {Touring Gear} {Touring Locations} {Touring Saftey and getting started} {Touring Trip Reports} ect
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

This type of forum would be for more discussion and technique with relevance to the geekery side of stuff. Not just taking a stab but cnc stuff cad design and composite and epoxy talks, use of new carbon composites, heat and pressure designs and layups.
    Of course it would have to be subdivided by somewhat of a category as there are allot of facets to this type of thing. I bet it would even be a good spot for some of the pros to showcase details about design and layup for the discerning few.

I don't think it would need to be subdivided, we would just have to moderate it heavily and delete threads that were repeats. There doesn't need to be 30 threads on carbon fiber and what weight cf is comparable to what weight of fiberglass.

Definitely needs to be separated from tech talk though.

Should there be a forum for manufacturers as well?
    Doesn't seem like a bad idea to cover all the bases and make the place the most informative stop on the webz.
    Is that too much? Or about right?
    We don't make the snow. We just make it more enjoyable.

Git Your FKNA On!

You Like?

fkna.com

We already know that some of the bigger manufacturers pay attention to skibuilders. It would be great if they would contribute, but I would be surprised if they did.

What I'm hoping for is a place where a 16 year old kid that wants to do a class project on building skis can learn anything and everything that he needs to know to be successful.

That's what skibuilders has always been, but with their rapidly deteriorating data base I fear that's not going to last.