Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sometimes you just have to say what the fuck

It also helps to bring your lights too just in case.

Conversation with myself earlier this evening...

"I got of work late."
    "Shut up. Go for a ride."
    "I didn't get much sleep last night."
    "You're a wuss. Go for a ride."
    "I'm hungry. I need dinner."
    "Shake the sand out of your vagina. Go for a ride."
    "It's going to be dark soon.
    "You're a pansy. Go for a ride."
    "I'm sore from pilates."
    "Pilates? Seriously? Go for a ride."
    "I think Oprah is on and I have bon bons in the freezer."
    "That shit is off the air. Go for a ride."

So, with Oprah in semi-retirement, I decided to toss all my shit in the car, drive up to the trailhead lickity split, and crank up my usual ride as fast I could. At one point I realized I was losing light fast and almost gave up on the last 100 or so yards of climbing. Instead I said screw it, climbed up that sucker, slapped my light on my helmet and started on my way down. I had almost forgotten how much fun it is to ride with lights. That feeling of intense concentration you get when you're trying to train your headlamp and your eyes on just the right spot of trail ahead. It's a great way to work the lazy slop out of your riding really quick like.

Oh and the best part, it was 70 degrees this evening and I was cranking Zeppelin all the way home. It made me wish I owned a Camaro with t-tops. Siiiiiiiince I've been lovin' youuuuuuu!!!!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Nothing goes with a T-Top like a sweet bike rack on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    ...I would have dove into that bush like Jon McMurray.

I've had Physical Graffiti Disc 1 in my cd player for around 6 months now. I've have yet to feel compelled to change it.

A night ride is just what I need right now, been studying calculus since 6:00 this morning
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

night rides are the best. esp in the summer since that's the only time it cools off around here.

I had the exact same conversation with myself last night, thinking that I should just take it easy and re-do my tubeless setup and chill out. 10 mins later I'm pedaling to the trail.

I did end up pinch flatting because I hopped like a jong onto a root real hard, but was able to roll through this super sweet, super techy downhill section better than I have been for the last 4 days.

Its gonna be pushing 100 today in Boston, I think I might listen to reason and not ride, we'll see what goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by squatch View Post
    Nothing goes with a T-Top like a sweet bike rack on top.
    That's quite possibly one of the sweetest quotes of all time.

Iroc-Z, some white snake and a pizza stained wife beater with a nice DH bike sitting on the T-Top.

As AnthonyS. would say, though he now be a benevolent ghost among us, JUST RIDE.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Every time i hear "Iroc" I think of this Phil Hendrie clip:

http://www.street-lethal.com/funny/iroc.mp3

Every time I hear "Iroc" i think of this Phil Hendrie clip. Definitely my favorite!

www.street-lethal(dot)com/funny/iroc(dot)mp3

I usually have those conversations with myself before sunrise when I'm trying to drag my ass out of bed. I have never regretted getting up and going for a ride, but going back to sleep and spending the day in my office thinking about the ride I missed... that sucks.

Pilates? Seriously?
    The killer awoke before dawn.
    He put his boots on.

Quote Originally Posted by hardboiled View Post
    I usually have those conversations with myself before sunrise when I'm trying to drag my ass out of bed. I have never regretted getting up and going for a ride, but going back to sleep and spending the day in my office thinking about the ride I missed... that sucks.
    This is my daily dilema. Usually morning rides are XC grinds to drop pounds off my fat ass, so they are more climbing then anything. That makes it harder to get out of bed.

I looked at the sky and it looked ominous. I thought of this thread and then said fuck it and went for a ride. 10 minutes into it, i spent the rested of the ride in a downpour and getting pummeled by marble sized hail. Good Times
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

I did that last week. Got rained on and almost blown off the trail. It was fun!!!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

No really

Pilates?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Yessss...pilatessss.

anyone gotten caught in a thunderstorm on a ridgetop? i'm not sure i would describe it as fun...

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykong View Post
    anyone gotten caught in a thunderstorm on a ridgetop? i'm not sure i would describe it as fun...
    I got caught in one on top of Snowbasin one time. Very scary experience.

Quote Originally Posted by hardboiled View Post
    Agreed completely. The getting-up-early part is brutal, but I've never regretted a pre-work bike or ski dawn patrol.

Just took a lovely night ride on the Ogden BST from my house Birdsong down to Rainbow then back up to 29th st and back home. It was a blast. I need better lights though.

???
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Yessss...pilatessss.
    Haha - I have to admit, I've had more sore muscles from yoga lately than from riding (even though I've been riding plenty). And I think this is directly related to my favorite yoga instructor taking pilates classes lately and adding new crazy shit to his classes.

Good work getting out to ride. I was lame last night and we did yard work. But I rode twice the day before so I guess that balances out.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Agreed completely. The getting-up-early part is brutal, but I've never regretted a pre-work bike or ski dawn patrol.
    I was so fired up to ride after an Arcylon session last night that I set my alarm clock for 6AM. SIX AM. In the summer. With no pow to entice me out of bed. Let me be clear:

I. Hate. Mornings.

I do not function well. I can barely speak or form a coherent thought before 9AM. But I got out of bed at about 6:45, after smashing my alarm clock into submission a few times. The dog wanted out. So I got my bike, and went for a ride. My muscles felt like shit. Every climb was harder than it normally is. I couldn't even muster a hello to passing trail users. But then I got to the top, and was glad I was there. Sitting in meetings all day, I'm even more glad I was there. So, what the fuck.

I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

That looks pretty okay... if you are into that kind of shizz. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    I was so fired up to ride after an Arcylon session last night that I set my alarm clock for 6AM. SIX AM. In the summer. With no pow to entice me out of bed. Let me be clear:

I. Hate. Mornings.

I do not function well. I can barely speak or form a coherent thought before 9AM. But I got out of bed at about 6:45, after smashing my alarm clock into submission a few times. The dog wanted out. So I got my bike, and went for a ride. My muscles felt like shit. Every climb was harder than it normally is. I couldn't even muster a hello to passing trail users. But then I got to the top, and was glad I was there. Sitting in meetings all day, I'm even more glad I was there. So, what the fuck.
    normally i agree with you about hating mornings, but with the fine print exception of when i'm trying to get after the goods. get up at 6am everyday for a pow day or singletrack? absolutely no problem, i'm up before the alarm usually. same scenario, same # of hrs of sleep, but to get up and go to work? not a chance.