Down Booties - Feathered Friends or GooseFeet - Warm feet when camping

My feet were kind of cold this weekend camping in the snow. Last season I was lustily looking at Ottime's down booties when we were camping on Shasta. I've been meaning to get some ever since. I did a bit of looking around and a couple of options seem attractive. I like the idea of a lightweight inner down booty/sock with a toughened outer boot that I can slip on when I get out of the tent.

A couple of options seem to come up. One is the Feathered Friends Down Booties. They cost $85.00. The other is Goosefeet Down Socks combined with their Waterproof Over Booties. Not sure whether to get the Dyneema sole or the Toughtek sole. I figure with either I have the option to take the over booties if I'm just going camping and be a little lighter without the over booties if I'll have my ski boots and can use those as my over booty.

Has anyone checked out both of these? Thoughts? The Goosefeet appear to be lighter by about half. Not sure how much difference 4.5oz makes.

Feathered Friends:

Goosefeet:
    Socks:

Over Booties:
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

I have a pair of TNF Nuptse booties that I really like, They have a soft rubber sole thats great for walking around in the snow and they stay dry. Not as light as the Feathered Friends booties but I think the sole makes them more useful.
    http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/...bootie-ii.html

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    I have a pair of TNF Nuptse booties that I really like, They have a soft rubber sole thats great for walking around in the snow and they stay dry. Not as light as the Feathered Friends booties but I think the sole makes them more useful.
    http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/...bootie-ii.html
    What he said. I got a pair of those off of SAC 4 years ago or so. One of the best SAC purchases I ever made. Great for winter camping obviously, but also great for wearing before/after days of skiing. They're relatively waterproof too.
    TRs, photos, videos, and building skis (2 pairs so far...):
    http://wasatchprotocol.wordpress.com/

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_d...45524442619877
    These are money, romp around camp in the snow with them with no problems.

^pretty sure I have the same TNF ones. Never any problems with them getting wet, and have lounged and stood around in them on the snow at -18c while comfortable.

No experience with any of the previously mentioned booties, but I've got a pair of 40Below synthetic booties that kept my feet happy for a couple weeks in the rain/snow in AK, and on hut trips.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Another vote for the TNF SAC booties. I've seen some Sierra Design ones on SAC as well.

TNF........
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I've looked at the TNF and Sierra Designs ones. I like the above two because of the separate inner and outer bootie. I'm thinking that 1) it will be more comfy to sleep in them if they don't have a foamed sole (inner only), and 2) if I walk around camp in them, I'd like to leave the outer bootie either outside my tent or at least outside my sleeping bag.

I guess no one here has used either of the two I mentioned.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

I have the Feathered Friends... Never had an issue with them.. the foam sole is removable.. the outer shell works great..

toastie.. post toastie..

Taiga makes fairly cheap down booties, something like CAN$30 per pair.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I have Sierra Design booties. The rubber sole does catch on the inside of a sleeping bag. This adds at least 4 seconds to the process of getting into a sleeping bag. That said, I'm sure the Feathered Friends booties are lighter and warmer.