Why is TGR soooo slow?

Since the update it's been so slow around here. Yes it's gotten marginally better with a few tweaks since then but nothing like it used to be, why is this?

Before you jump all over this post I just want to say I love TGR and thank you for providing this weird corner of the Internet for free.
    I still call it The Jake.

I am unable to upload pics as of 1045 EST, I select the images and as I try to upload them I get a red exclamation point instead of a list of files. Maybe this has something to do with TGR being slow. Then again I am in freaking the middle of nowhere and my internets are always slow, but I have never had an issue uploading pics.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

It's been how many months since the "update" and this place actually seems to be getting slower every week.

Thank God for the sickle cell...

I think it's the retarded amount of stuff in the right sidebar.

TGR! Don't put retarded motion ads etc. in the sidebar! We're here to browse the forums, not look at stupid ads that crash our browsers. I appreciate the attempts at feature additions, but right now it just looks like a bunch of shit thrown against the wall.

Thanks for the feedback, schuss. I generally agree with you and have logged this in our system. We'll hopefully be able to clean the sidebar up a little soon.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    I think it's the retarded amount of stuff in the right sidebar.

TGR! Don't put retarded motion ads etc. in the sidebar! We're here to browse the forums, not look at stupid ads that crash our browsers. I appreciate the attempts at feature additions, but right now it just looks like a bunch of shit thrown against the wall.