Thread: Laramie WYO...

Laramie WYO...

so I'm gonna be in the Laramie area saturday and sunday then denver area monday... I need to go fishing... any suggestions? I have very little money so a guide is out of the question... But I have sunday all day and monday morning...
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Try North Park or North Gate Canyon just south of the boarder in CO. Google is your friend. If North Gate Canyon is over 3000 cfs you will have your hands full wadeing IMO. There are some fat brownies that live in those waters.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

BTW - CO is at 247% of normal for a snowpack and we are just getting our first real rain with warm temps. Not sure where WY is right now. Call a local fly shop for conditions before you go anywhere.

If things are blown a trip down to Red Feather Lakes could be worth your while.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

It just rained up to 2 inches in western wyoming. Forecast for the next few days is 30 mph wind. Most rivers are at or near flood stage, exept for the ones that drain above 8000 feet. Runoff has not even begun above 8000; never seen it so late. With the wind and rain, even the lakes are muddy over here. Worst time of the year (not counting blizzards) to fish this zone. If the Laramie/Denver area is even half as bad....don't waste time trying to fish unless you have access to a well stocked bass pond without an inlet stream bringing in muddy water.

So....you gonna move to cowboy country for your masters degree? It's about as sparsely populated as AK, I'll give you that.....

looks like lakes are the name of the game... staying in boulder sunday night... anybody know of some warm-water opportunities (I get my fill of trout) I'd like to catch a carp I think and have the 7 wt in tow...
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Big Thompson might be the ticket if you're in Boulder and don't mind driving an hour. Was up there last week, didn't catch anything but the flow and clarity were reasonable.