Long Overdue - LA Redfish Flyfishing TR

So here's some pics out of Breton Sound, LA from last September. Maybe I can get everybody fired up for this year! I plan on going back in December to catch some big boys...

This guy took us to some serious backwater ponds...

Mr. Redfish

Wind was not an issue!

We did see one as long as my leg - missed him! Watching his wake disappear like a slow torpedo through the marsh was depressing.

This was not a cheap trip. At least we did our part to help in the recovery!

There were a lot of fish caught.

I even hooked a flounder on the fly! Now that doesn't happen every day...

I can't say enough about this fishery. It is absolutely amazing. It really opened my eyes to what we stand to lose if we don't protect these marshes. Our guide was fantastic as well - let me know if anyone wants a recommendation.

Cheers!

wow looks like a great trip! What size were those reds? 20" or so?
    The killer awoke before dawn.
    He put his boots on.

Sounds about right. I think the biggest one went to 25" or so. The guide spotted the monster bull cruising along the reeds right towards us from about 10" away - I already had my fly in the water, so I chose to wait until it was right in front of him and pull it in front of his nose. He totally ignored it and kept on cruising. Of course, now I wish I had pulled my fly at once and cast it so that it landed near him and maybe got more of his attention with the splash. It was hard because it was all happening right next to the boat. We got a real good luck at that guy, and he was huge! Even the guide was impressed.

Good stuff! I'd like to try this one day. Seems similar to striper fishing on flats, especially when those big boys show up.
    ...And the greatest ice must crumble when it's flower's time to grow.

Sick TR! Strong work man.

Redfish are on my list of fish to get on a fly. The FFF tour had some insane footage in it of Redfish fishing with some just giant fish. I almost booked a trip right after the show.