Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lacrosse: (and other sport mags) The Hidden Ball trick

Awesome video:

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Awesome..
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

the best case ever for white mesh.

Havent seen that play executed that well in a long while.
    ---
    Who motivates the motivator?

I was watching that game and had to see the replay, it was well done.

faked out most of the camera guys, too

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    faked out most of the camera guys, too
    I watched it without sound at first and was faked out. I watched it probably three times to see where he passed it off, then I turned the sound on. Duh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

That should be a "two pointer".
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Nice shot of it from the stands (no clue how to embed vimeo)

Quote Originally Posted by MakeFast View Post
    Nice shot of it from the stands (no clue how to embed vimeo)
    Wow, that shows it way better. It really looks like the one UNC middie knew what was going on and was just too dumbfounded to do anything about it in time.

Awesome play.

I saw that one time. Dood on the ball, initially was faked but was not as well executed they scored anyway but we only batted 500 so...I was on the other side and never slid to cover the break. woops. man on man. I miss it.

i'd like to see #37 outta his uniform... sexy beast of a man!

(i'm at a loss for some pervy hidden ball joke but i'm sure you guys can think of one to insert here)

In highschool a team I used to play against ran a play where they all huddle and when the whistle blew they would all make a mad dash at the cage cradling like madmen and when they got inside the box they would stager thier "fake" shots. Goalies never had a clue where the shot was coming from so unless they missed the cage or hit the goalie it was money. Not as sexy as this but effective and the HS level.

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    In highschool a team I used to play against ran a play where they all huddle and when the whistle blew they would all make a mad dash at the cage cradling like madmen and when they got inside the box they would stager thier "fake" shots. Goalies never had a clue where the shot was coming from so unless they missed the cage or hit the goalie it was money. Not as sexy as this but effective and the HS level.
    We ran this "play" a couple times in HS. Always felt a little sleazy...but not as bad as the time that our coach made a stick with a regular head, 14" shaft and goalie mesh. Once we got possession, we'd pass to the goalie and he'd go stand in the lower corner of the box with the stick clamped to his chest waiting to get slashed or pushed in the back. The other coach went apeshit but the refs allowed it. I think we were tied at halftime because all the man-up time was balanced by the fact that our goalie didn't have a decent stick and couldn't pass. Funniest part was when our goalie dropped the stick and the other team was hacking at it on the ground trying to get the ball out of the 10"-deep pocket.

Glad we didn't do too much of that silly shit in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    We ran this "play" a couple times in HS. Always felt a little sleazy...but not as bad as the time that our coach made a stick with a regular head, 14" shaft and goalie mesh. Once we got possession, we'd pass to the goalie and he'd go stand in the lower corner of the box with the stick clamped to his chest waiting to get slashed or pushed in the back. The other coach went apeshit but the refs allowed it. I think we were tied at halftime because all the man-up time was balanced by the fact that our goalie didn't have a decent stick and couldn't pass. Funniest part was when our goalie dropped the stick and the other team was hacking at it on the ground trying to get the ball out of the 10"-deep pocket.

Glad we didn't do too much of that silly shit in college.
    Wait, what? Was the point of this play just to draw penalties or to kill the clock?

If I was the other coach, when I saw this play coming (ie when the goalie switched sticks), I'd have my guys play tight man to man, wait for the craptastic pass and go after the ground balls. Seems ridiculous to go after the goalie who isn't physically able to drop the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    Wait, what? Was the point of this play just to draw penalties or to kill the clock?

If I was the other coach, when I saw this play coming (ie when the goalie switched sticks), I'd have my guys play tight man to man, wait for the craptastic pass and go after the ground balls. Seems ridiculous to go after the goalie who isn't physically able to drop the ball.
    Draw penalties. Worked like a charm although it felt pretty cheap. Goalie always had the same stick. It was easy to flip him the ball inside the crease once we had possession. He'd just run to the corner of the box and stand there facing out of bounds. He was a tough kid and coach had him padded up pretty well. Other team (who had a reputation for playing dirty) got pretty frustrated and slashed him hard and blasted him in the back a couple of times. Gave us a ton of man-up. Just before halftime, the other coach told his team to just stand around him but not touch him until he turned around. Once his players started doing what he told them to do, our coach had the goalie go back to a normal goalie stick.

Great plan until your 20 seconds to advance the ball is up and you turn it over in the alley deep in your own end.

That sounds like the stupidest play ever, and is cheating on top of it. We take mercy on a lot of teams we play because we are usually better than them, and want to be good sports, so we pass a lot and only permit certain players to shoot once we are firmly in the lead. A team that did that, I would take no mercy on, and would instruct my team to score at will.

I think the MD coach should be embarrassed to have pulled that. Bush league.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMtnPinhead View Post
    Great plan until your 20 seconds to advance the ball is up and you turn it over in the alley deep in your own end.

That sounds like the stupidest play ever, and is cheating on top of it.
    I don't think that rule existed at the time and nothing in the then-current rules prohibited what the goalie was doing...so I'm not sure it was cheating. However, this took place 20+ years ago and my memory isn't so good anymore.

We take mercy on a lot of teams we play because we are usually better than them, and want to be good sports, so we pass a lot and only permit certain players to shoot once we are firmly in the lead. A team that did that, I would take no mercy on, and would instruct my team to score at will.
    I'll keep that in mind.

Draw penalties. Worked like a charm although it felt pretty cheap. Goalie always had the same stick. It was easy to flip him the ball inside the crease once we had possession. He'd just run to the corner of the box and stand there facing out of bounds. He was a tough kid and coach had him padded up pretty well. Other team (who had a reputation for playing dirty) got pretty frustrated and slashed him hard and blasted him in the back a couple of times. Gave us a ton of man-up. Just before halftime, the other coach told his team to just stand around him but not touch him until he turned around. Once his players started doing what he told them to do, our coach had the goalie go back to a normal goalie stick.
    Ok, that is officially fucking dumb and dirty, but it sounds like it was only done to one team to spite them for being dirty, I guess that makes it somewhat better or not. What about the disadvantage of not having a proper goalie stick? isn't there a minimum shaft length on goal sticks? If the goalie actually makes any stick saves, how the fuck is he going to pass it out?

That is some of the worst crap I've ever heard of and FWIW I actually like the hidden ball plays, but your play sounds like amateur hour bull shit.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    Ok, that is officially fucking dumb and dirty, but it sounds like it was only done to one team to spite them for being dirty, I guess that makes it somewhat better or not. What about the disadvantage of not having a proper goalie stick? isn't there a minimum shaft length on goal sticks? If the goalie actually makes any stick saves, how the fuck is he going to pass it out?

That is some of the worst crap I've ever heard of and FWIW I actually like the hidden ball plays, but your play sounds like amateur hour bull shit.
    At the time, I don't think that there was a minimum length for goalie sticks. If you read my original post, you'd know that (i) the man-up advantage was generally negated by the fact the the goalie didn't have his normal stick and (ii) I agree that this "play" was poor form.

Funny how worked up folks are getting about this.

At the time, I don't think that there was a minimum length for goalie sticks. If you read my original post, you'd know that (i) the man-up advantage was generally negated by the fact the the goalie didn't have his normal stick and (ii) I agree that this "play" was poor form.

ha ha, not worked up at all, just amazed at how cheap/creative a play that is. I'm trying to wrap my head around the logic and it ain't happening!

14" shaft? illegal. The need to advance the ball is not a new rule. The game is so popular now that people with no knowledge of the game are influencing young players as coaches. The game is changing and while the skills are awesome, the behavior is not. Gentlemen are getting harder to come by on the field and sideline. I actually feel badly for the officials with the shit they hear from parents.

14" shaft? illegal. The need to advance the ball is not a new rule. The game is so popular now that people with no knowledge of the game are influencing young players as coaches. The game is changing and while the skills are awesome, the behavior is not. Gentlemen are getting harder to come by on the field and sideline. I actually feel badly for the officials with the shit they hear from parents.
    14" shaft should be illegal. At least in the suburbs.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

It's funny that you're on here making proclamations on legality without the benefit of the a copy of the local rules that were in effect at the time. The rules of the game have changed significantly in the last 25 years and state high school athletic associations are often many years behind in adopting NCAA rule amendments.

It's funny that you're on here making proclamations on legality without the benefit of the a copy of the local rules that were in effect at the time. The rules of the game have changed significantly in the last 25 years and state high school athletic associations are often many years behind in adopting NCAA rule amendments.
    I'm sure you're right.

heavily padded goalie with a 14" shaft with a head he can't throw with.