Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    +Kidwoo: I don't really believe in chemtrails as much as you think I do. I think most chemtrail conspiratards think every contrail in the sky is a govt plot to kill them. I was being a devil's conspiracy advocate in that thread, but I still put my head under the covers anytime a Southwest plane goes over my apt complex.
    But you do believe that SOME planes SOMETIMES emit immunosuppressant compounds into the air intentionally with a nefarious goal.

Just makes it kind of funny when you adamantly get in everyone else's grill about being gullible. Especially when you don't seem to realize the global ramifications of this news outside of our own borders. This isn't just calling someone a foreigner or pointing the finger at someone who smoked a joint......the rest of the world is watching this. Even civilized developed first world countries. That's a lot of gall just for one internal election n'est pas? It's okay to think it. I thought it too. But I'm not calling everyone else a moron just because they're not vehemently holding onto that theory. Especially not when I (you) beleive in something like chemtrails in any capacity whatsoever. Know what I mean?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post

We supported the mujadin to counter the advancements of the soviets into Afgannyland, then once the Mujadin won, our support dried up and we gave them no direction, they soon turned their attention towards their ideological enemies, us. ...OBL was a huge part of the mujadin.
    That's only close, OBL was a minor player in the Mujahideen, mostly just a Saudi money man. Masood, whom OBL had assasinated just prior to 911, was a huge part of the Mujahideen.
    Within the Mujahideen, there were many different groups. Some, like Masood, were moderates and some were hard core fundamentalist like Gulbuddin Hekmatyar & OBL.
    If we had kept funding the moderates, instead of cutting and run, we would have saved a lot of lives and money.

jgb@etree Guest
    Blowback can be a bitch.

Regardless of your political beliefs, anyone who doesn't believe that the USA funded & trained Osama & his boys to fight against the Russians in Afghanistan is either ignorant or delusional.

He was under ISI house arrest for a long time. Seems like Obama called bullshit on it.

It stinks.
    Last edited by Cono Este; 05-03-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Blowback can be a bitch.

Regardless of your political beliefs, anyone who doesn't believe that the USA funded & trained Osama & his boys to fight against the Russians in Afghanistan is either ignorant or delusional.
    We definitely trained the Muj. to fight the Soviets then de funded then right after the Russians pulled out. OBL wasn't a major player yet. He came into power once the Taliban took over. We did not create OBL. He had plans for the great satan for many years. Our first foray into Iraq fanned his hatred started by our support of Israel. He hated the fact that anyone from the west was even in holy land as he called the middle east.

The Soviets are just as if not more responsible than we for creating the environment for him to thrive. They invaded, we lent support to the Muj. and when the Russians left so did we. That left a vacuum for OBL to create his power base.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    He was under ISI house arrest for along time. Seems like Obama called bullshit on it.

It stinks.
    That is what Im starting to think as well, that compound looked like it was just as hard to get out of as into

Not heavily armed? ...with only a couple gunmen and some family?

Right next door to a military compound, in a small town with a high military presence? ...including ISI??

stinks for sure...

it would be fucking awesome if Obama called em' on it! Say what you want, but The guys got some balls
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    We definitely trained the Muj. to fight the Soviets then de funded then right after the Russians pulled out. OBL wasn't a major player yet. He came into power once the Taliban took over. We did not create OBL. He had plans for the great satan for many years. Our first foray into Iraq fanned his hatred started by our support of Israel. He hated the fact that anyone from the west was even in holy land as he called the middle east.

The Soviets are just as if not more responsible than we for creating the environment for him to thrive. They invaded, we lent support to the Muj. and when the Russians left so did we. That left a vacuum for OBL to create his power base.
    The stationing of US troops in Saudi during Gulf War I and the Saudi royal's reaction to his complaints is what many biographers think pushed him over the deep end...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Maybe he was just an asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    The stationing of US troops in Saudi during Gulf War I and the Saudi royal's reaction to his complaints is what many biographers think pushed him over the deep end...
    yep (thanks for the clarifiaction)............ He had a deep and unabiding loathing of anyone other than a Muslim anywhere in the Middle East, esp. Saudi Arabia. Couple that with his hatred for Israel and our support of said country, and his madness was complete.

From my reading, this guy was an uber fundamentalist Muslim. he was a fundamentalist Muslims fundamentalist Muslim. He fancied himself the new Mohahmed. Living in caves was part of his schtick to complete the fantasy.

He was the ultimate trust funder.

You either become Hugh Conway or a diabolical mad man seeking world domination/destruction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    He was the ultimate trust funder.

You either become Hugh Conway or a diabolical mad man seeking world domination/destruction.
    Is there a difference ? I get the feeling Hugh's like Plankton on Sponge Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by iscariot View Post
    Start by doing some research into the war funding, by the USA, of the Muhajadin during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. The US armed BinLaden much in the same way the armed and gave power to Saddam Hussain.

*Resisting urge to make a comment regarding fat chicks and mopeds...

Yea usually throughout history when someone helps someone else fight their enemies and defend their homeland, those people are grateful. They seldom decide that the people that helped them are the "Great Satan".

Our support of the Mujaheddin was short sighted. Our lack of continued support of the more moderate elements of the Mujaheddin was even more short sighted.

We did NOT create Bin Laden or muslim extremism. That shit existed before America or the Soviet Union were even countries. Afghanistan has been a violent nihilistic shithole of depravity for centuries.

You can justify Osama's sins all you want as being not his fault and the product of his environment, but its just not rational. He made his choices. There were thousands of mujahadeen that just wanted to lead peaceful lives after fighting the soviets, and thousands more that didnt want to kill americans. OBL made his choices.

By the same logic, you are saying that I could place you in a set of circumstances that would lead you to abandon all your morals virtues conscience and decency. If so, you are pathetic and weak.

We no more created OBL and muslim extremism than we created the third reich. Sure, the post WWI world stage and German national situation was ripe for a psychopathic fascist to wreak havoc and gain complete power, but we didn't make Hitler into a psychopathic fascist and we didnt make the German people willing to follow him with such blind zeal. That shit is on them.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

CBS cites some differences between the US military report and ISI's. Interesting stuff:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_1...61-503543.html
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Rumor has it OBL's body floated to the surface and kids are using him as a windsurfer. Nice stiff board and a hole for the mast.
    Silent....but shredly.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jerkins View Post
    By the same logic, you are saying that I could place you in a set of circumstances that would lead you to abandon all your morals virtues conscience and decency. If so, you are pathetic and weak.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gPYCRfHg3Q

logic is an overvalued commodity in human behavior

edit: embed fail. any help?
    [/url]related

Holy shit! I did it...kinda.

Thanks BD!
    Last edited by My Pet Powder Goat; 05-03-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    get paid

Here you go PPG:

Next time, just take the numbers/letters after the equals sign and surround it with [youtube] [youtube], but put a backslash in front of the last youtube
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

The original Martin Luther King, Jr. quote I posted yesterday has actually never been published before and may actually be partially phony. The only thing we know for sure he said, which is still quite relevant, was:

“No one should rejoice at the death or defeat of a human being.”

I should check my facts more thoroughly. My bad.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...PjfF_blog.html

^^last person in the world to know?

still a great quote, funny article somewhere about how that quote took off so quickly in this viral age

edit: here ya go;
    http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/...her-King-quote
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by skieurmalade View Post

“No one should rejoice at the death or defeat of a human being.”

Although it is a noble, righteous sentiment, it simply is not true.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Although it is a noble, righteous sentiment, it simply is not true.

Helldawg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skieurmalade View Post
    ‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

How apropos, quoting a noted plagiarist in a thread crediting our centuries biggest fraud to date...the Manchurian Candidate.

I LOL'd.

Word on the street is that the media's account on how everything went down is horseshit. (I have a friend from high school who works on the "dark side")

No doubt having Osama dead is a good thing. That being said, it certainly isnt the end of the war on terror.

Those celebrations made us look like blood lusting barbarians and was pretty classless. Fucking trust fund GWU kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    He was under ISI house arrest for a long time. Seems like Obama called bullshit on it.

It stinks.
    I agree this was ISI protective house arrest. Strikes me as similar to what Escobar worked out with the Columbia Government when he was imprisoned at "La Cathedral"

We know the ISI is in bed with Al Queada so I find it hard to believe they didn't know he was living in a mega compound in what works out to be like Westchester, NY or Fairfax, VA.

Glad Obama decided enough was enough.

I think you could get much better digs for a million in those counties. Sounds like Pakyland has a real estate bubble.
    Silent....but shredly.