charging camera batteries while camping

So I'm going on a canoe trip next week, and I want to take my T2I, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to keep my batteries charged. Is there any good way to do it besides an expensive solar setup? I'm getting a small solar unit to charge my GPS, and it has a USB output, but I can't find a way to charge the camera via USB.

Anyone have any ideas?
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

buy a backup battery or three...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

You can't have too many batteries.

I use this. It utilizes two of the rechargeable cells and comes with an adapter to use AA batteries as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-BG-E8-Ba.../dp/B0039VYN1Y

Just buy a battery grip that comes with a couple of extra batteries for $50-60. Put the grip on and with two batteries the thing will run forevery and you should be good to go.

How many pictures will you be taking on the trip? My Nikon battery seems to last forever. I bet it's 500+ pictures.

Extra batteries will probably by lighter and smaller than the charger.

I think this is the knockoff grip that I have. Works great. Batteries last damned near forever.

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Digita...3584459&sr=8-4

I went on a 5 day ski trip with my D7000 at the beginning of March with 3 batteries (one in camera, two extras) and didn't put the 3rd one in 'til the last day. I took almost 800 pics and about 30 minutes of video. Does your camera really suck the batteries dry that quickly?
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

^^^^The T2i just sips at the batteries, especially with a grip. I just charged my batteries today for the first time since the beginning of February. I don't use my camera a ton but I seem to have it out a lot taking pictures of the baby, ski trips and weekends.