Skim is cool again?

Not quite sure about that, but it is pretty hot down here in the land of no waves.

Check this video out- if you are impatient, skip to the last wave. Absolutely sick and scary.

Thats 10th street in Laguna. Can be a fun spot
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

Damn ballzy little fuckers ain't they?

some good whompin in that vid!

Sweet vid.

Skimming was always cool in my book. I've got great memories from my early teen years of going to Victoria in Laguna and buying blems for cheap and spending countless days on the beach. Super fun at times. I rarely see kids skimming in SD these days.

When was skimming [U]not[U] cool? I mean really? Riding waves skegless is about as cool as it gets. Sure, running down a flat beach and sliding around on wet sand is lame, but that ain't skimming.

gunit130 Guest
    pretty ballsy... fuck that has to just kill crashing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Sure, running down a flat beach and sliding around on wet sand is lame, but that ain't skimming.
    so, slathering yourself with baby oil whilst laying out on the sand when there are no waves is cool? really? what the hell else are you supposed to do?

skimming has always been fun...that is all that matters.

a big day on the gulf coast.

Cool photo!

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    so, slathering yourself with baby oil whilst laying out on the sand when there are no waves is cool? really? what the hell else are you supposed to do?
    Not go to the beach.

For each their own, but then again, I've never spent more than 4 consecutive days on the Gulf Coast. And I know I am lucky to be some where that I can hike, bike, ski (8 months a year), garden, tide pool, and there are very very few days that there are no waves.

BTW, even when it is flat, there is usually some sort of ramp to hit. That is fun. Just sliding the sand, I found to get boring pretty quickly. Rather build a sand castle. Or drink a beer and read a book.

I enjoy skimming and I miss this spot very much...

...oh and that video is sweeeeet. That kid kept it TIGHT on that last wave! Can't wait to give skimming a try on bigger water.
    Last edited by regct; 04-23-2011 at 04:18 PM.

I have never seen anyone doing anything beyond jumping on a board for 10 feet worth of tidal flatwater.

That was simply incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Not go to the beach.

For each their own, but then again, I've never spent more than 4 consecutive days on the Gulf Coast. And I know I am lucky to be some where that I can hike, bike, ski (8 months a year), garden, tide pool, and there are very very few days that there are no waves.

BTW, even when it is flat, there is usually some sort of ramp to hit. That is fun. Just sliding the sand, I found to get boring pretty quickly. Rather build a sand castle. Or drink a beer and read a book.
    you've missed the point. btw...i don't live on gulf coast...it was vaca.

birdrock - pic is a still taken from a vid off my DriftHD.

Epic skim action. I have never had fun skimming, but recently saw another sweet video, which im pretty sure was this same spot. looks like a ton of fun. That last shot is nuts!

this is almost comical.

i was a little disappointed for a while, until....

that water looks yuck!

Took my son and nephew to Lincoln City and broke out the old J-Gordon. Reminded myself how much I missed my summers of skimin'. Might have to get a new foam-core and take some more trips to the beach! Plus when I got there there was 3 others just getting done from skimming, I was like" Wow peole still do this... Right on!"
    Doin' the Bull Dance... Feelin' the flow...

we have a little swell rolling in. front yard has a decent skim break with a little slope to the water.

Some local flatland rippers

oh, i miss surfing... i dream of coming back home (florida) and ride a wave again. But it's New Year, i got to be with my family, sweet florida will wait
    ____
    mp4 to mp3 converter free http://mp4tomp3converter.org/

very cool riding the waves or the slopes. Surfing using a skimboard reminds me of trick waterskiing. That I'd be entertainment for others.