Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Ok, quick update now that I have driven both the '12 TDI JSW and an '11 A4 Avant w/Michie X Ice 3's - hands down....the Audi.

I realize that it will likely not last as long as the JSW (save HPFS issues?) but no way would I have driven to pbville, s'boat and basically everywhere else as confidently as I did in the Avant. Not only is the quattro amazing, the 2.0T allows me to get past anyone who will likely cause accidents.

As for the X Ice 3 vs Blizzak (X ice on A4 and Blizzak on Tacoma) I would definitely say that the X Ice is higher performance, but lacks traction where the Blizzak is more predictable and tracks better. That said, the X Ice has a 40k warranty and definitely can handle the 100ish MPH better.

We will see how I feel about the A4 at around 97k when my CPO warranty nears the end, but this car is by far my favorite EVER and not sure why anyone would by a Subie...

Thinking about a Jetta Sportswagon for PNW conditions anyone have any more advice to add ? These HPFP issues, which year/models specifically are beset with these problems ? Have VW addressed the problem with a long term fix yet ?

^^^Patience Grasshopper as an AWD Diesel Wagon is headed your way next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.