Binding pull out, water related.

So yesterday I kept thinking my ski/boot interface seemed sloppy, but skied them all day. Get home, a screw pops out, covered in wood pulp. I remove both heel and toe pieces and the forward holes of the heel pieces are completely fucked, all 4 of them, all other holes are perfect.

Bindings are look/rossi px, skis are Armada JJ's. Should I just remount the heels forward a bit? Do I need to worry about the water damaging the core or this happening again?

Depending on how far-reaching the "cancer" has spread into the core, you could just heli-coil right over the bad holes. I would first try that... see if you can get fresh wood coming out. If the cancer has gone deeper, hit it with a heatgun/hairdryer until the moisture is gone. Then fill the bad holes with two-part epoxy and drill new holes into fresh core material.
    Make sure that you seal up the repair with fresh screws and waterproof binding glue.

That's my opinion.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

whatever you do, bring them inside and wait a few days. Maybe hit it up with a heat gun or hair dryer if you have. You need to get that water out.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

yeah if you could just move the heel pieces 1/2" or so forward (OR backward ) and the binding still has enough adj to accomadate your boot the handling wouldnt change and it would be a whole lot easier than moving the Toe pieces as well

what glue was used to mount originaly maybe you wana use slow set epoxy this time ?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yeah if you could just move the heel pieces 1/2" or so forward (OR backward ) and the binding still has enough adj to accomadate your boot the handling wouldnt change and it would be a whole lot easier than moving the Toe pieces as well

what glue was used to mount originaly maybe you wana use slow set epoxy this time ?
    Gorilla non expanding wood glue, and epoxy with steel wool due to a spinner in one hole.

I have both unmounted sitting in a room with the forced air heater a few feet away.

If you got rot, it has to be completely dried out and I'd advise using epoxy this time, especially if you go into the old holes with helicoils; mostly to allow the epoxy to penetrate and strengthen any rot-weakened wood.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    If you got rot, it has to be completely dried out and I'd advise using epoxy this time, especially if you go into the old holes with helicoils; mostly to allow the epoxy to penetrate and strengthen any rot-weakened wood.
    Not enough material to heli, got inserts on the way though. If that fails I'm just gonna use t nuts or something, I would just remount back a touch, but they are my non powder ski and I don't wanna screw with the small running surface/side cut.