Ski dork champion writes Praxis competition quiver blog, links from TGR.

That's the quiver I utilized throughout the 2011 Freeskiing World Tour.
    If you give a shit, read more at my blog, Small World Big Mountains.

Thanks for posting that. It's intersting to hear what people actually compete on vs. posing in pictures with. Can you share more about the new Protest mods and having binding inserts built into the ski?

Keith said you were talking about changing the protest. I will hunt you down and kill your DNA if you fuck that ski up

What are you thinking for changes?

Good read man......and nice hair.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Good stuff. Would love to hear more about RXs vs. Concepts. I've put a bunch of days of my RXs but was thinking about picking up some Concepts.

Oh, and congrats on your killer season.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Congrats on the winning season! -and nice write up.

Love my Protests!

That's sweet. You used practically the whole lineup minus powderboards. Congrats on the season.

Awesome write up, man. Thanks!

I have Rx Powder 189 and Concepts 187.

Overall I like the Concepts better: float and feel in pow, better carving. Perhaps slight nod to the Rx Pow in crud and slush but I need more time on the Concepts.
    Note my Rx Powder 189 are ~ 4 years old. I don't know if Keith has changed them since that time.
    Last edited by Jim S; 04-17-2011 at 05:59 PM.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Alto just gave me a boner with this:

I’ll be going on a 10-day trip in the North Cascades with a new Protest under my feet. The new Protest has the backcountry as its priority with lighter materials in the core and an updated shape. I am excited about the option to have binding inserts for your specific binding build into the ski, effectively bolting the binding onto the core instead of drilling into it. In my case I’ll have the inserts installed for a Dynafit FT12 binding, for my particular sole length.
    Oh and well done for winning.

And bummer about the avalanche.

But good you got out again and toured for the fun of it.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
    I have Rx Powder 189 and Concepts 187.

Overall I like the Concepts better: float and feel in pow, better carving. Perhaps slight nod to the Rx Pow in crud and slush but I need more time on the Concepts.
    Note my Rx Powder 189 are ~ 4 years old. I don't know if Keith has changed them since that time.
    Thanks. I think I have the same vintage RX's, although mine are currently out of commission (being fixed by Keith). I've started to dislike the feel of the RXs in powder, for a rockered ski that is 115 mm underfoot, it never felt like it floated all that well. I was thinking that the Freerides would be a good fit in the quiver (along with CRJ's and Praxis pows), but I've heard nothing but praise for the concept.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Keith said you were talking about changing the protest. I will hunt you down and kill your DNA if you fuck that ski up

What are you thinking for changes?.
    This..... QFT. Current Protest is an amazing ski.

And nice work on the win!

Quote Originally Posted by butterscotch View Post
    Thanks. I think I have the same vintage RX's, although mine are currently out of commission (being fixed by Keith). I've started to dislike the feel of the RXs in powder, for a rockered ski that is 115 mm underfoot, it never felt like it floated all that well.
    Did you mount them in keith's recommended range? If so move them back.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer View Post
    This..... QFT. Current Protest is an amazing ski.
    And it is about to get bettererer!

Quote Originally Posted by Alto's Blog
    ...the new Protest has the backcountry as its priority with lighter materials in the core...
    (So mebe the shape is going to change a little as well).
    Life is not lift served.

Did you mount them in keith's recommended range? If so move them back.
    Nope. Original mount was 0.5 cm behind the recommended range (so 102.5 cm), 2nd mount was 1.5 cm behind that. I think the ski would benefit from a slightly softer tip. Or I should just ski faster.

Bummer. That's usually the problem with teh praxii.

Who can get me in touch with Keith? I hadn't realized that he was offering custom installed threaded inserts in his skis. I have some ideas for this, and I'd like to talk with him about it.

I hear most guys running a business from the ground up, with splinters still in their fingers from their first ski press they built by hand are just STARVING for input from the general ski public about how to do things.

I hear most guys running a business from the ground up, with splinters still in their fingers from their first ski press they built by hand are just STARVING for input from the general ski public about how to do things.

You may consider giving this shirt to Keith:

The Praxis Concept is so incredible in pow and on the groomers back to the lift or across the mountain. Sick sick ski.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

If "general ski public" means a mechanical engineer who designed quiverkiller/puderluder and bindingfreedom threaded inserts and himself created a business from the ground up, yah I guess you're right.

Praxis off axis-

Continuing to kill it this year!
    Move upside and let the man go through...

^^^ That's what this thread should be about. I have a feeling the concept topsheets look better in person. I also have a feeling I'll be getting a pair for next year.

jerr is offline Underwater trapeze artist
    Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    Who can get me in touch with Keith? I hadn't realized that he was offering custom installed threaded inserts in his skis. I have some ideas for this, and I'd like to talk with him about it.
    You engineers can be so impractical.

Here you go
    Nine out of ten Jeremy's prefer a warm jacket to a warm day

Quote Originally Posted by butterscotch View Post
    ^^^ That's what this thread should be about. I have a feeling the concept topsheets look better in person. I also have a feeling I'll be getting a pair for next year.
    Thinking about these as well, and appreciate the RX comparisons, as that looks like one of the other options. After fondling them at the Start Haus a week or so ago I can safely say they do look better in person. They are still a bit busy, but definitely not bad looking at all.