Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Burliest ski pants?

I'm fed up with replacing my pants every season.
    What are the toughest out there?

Tech talk JONG!
    Training for Alpental

Fate, they have extra burly high visibility knee patches, guaranteed to impress the judges!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

jeans.

"The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Fishnets+kneepads

Carhart bibs......with flannel lining
    always forward but never straight

Charger, what's your size? If you're small, I have a vintage pair of monster Patagonia hard shells in perfect condition.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerFR View Post
    I'm fed up with replacing my pants every season.
    What are the toughest out there?
    I have been totally impressed with my two pants from Trew. I have the first generation Trewth Bib, and this years Eagle Pant. I have used the bibs about 90% of the time for a solid 2.5 years. They have held up incredibly well, the superfabric on the cuffs is a major improvement over anything else I have seen on the market. Not only are they burly but they keep you very dry and breathe better than anything i've owned. Definitely worth checking out... trewgear.com

Grundens Herkules:

Quote Originally Posted by Brianskis View Post
    I have been totally impressed with my two pants from Trew. I have the first generation Trewth Bib, and this years Eagle Pant. I have used the bibs about 90% of the time for a solid 2.5 years. They have held up incredibly well, the superfabric on the cuffs is a major improvement over anything else I have seen on the market. Not only are they burly but they keep you very dry and breathe better than anything i've owned. Definitely worth checking out... trewgear.com
    2nded on Trew. 2 seasons in on the bib and they stil look almost new. Cuffs are bulletproof, fabric is awesome, though a bit heavier than your standard GTX/Event stuff.

I have a pair of Arcteryx Theta SV bibs that I've worn for probably 175+ days. The only problems have been a couple of small slices I put in the top of the thigh when carrying a sled (ski patrol) on my lap on the chair. I patched those up no problem. The instep protection is top notch. Last weekend I just noticed a small problem with one of the side zippers. I think I lost a tooth. I'm thinking of sending them back to Arcteryx this summer to see if they can fix the zipper. I also like the fact that they come in lengths. I often wear a back protector so I got a Large, Short version to get around my waist without dragging the cuffs on the ground.

I've also lusted after the Klim Extreme Bib for a while now. They also come in lengths (although I've not seen any shops that stock them). And they look burly as hell. Maybe even too burly - are they flexy/soft enough?

I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Patagonia Rubicon pants are burly. Durable fabric and warm. A little on the heavy side if weight is an issue.
    My Arcteryx theta bibs are holding up well after 2 seasons too.

Heard a bit about Trew before. They seem to be preety 'core. Never seen 'em in Europe, so never seen them 'in the flesh'.
    Anyone know anything about Flylow gear?

Thanks.
    Know much about Flylow gear?

Thanks.
    Search function is your friend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Great idea. I've got a 10 y.o. pair of Filson whipcord trousers that are finally too frizzed out in the crotch for the office. Will the cuffs be big enough to get around my ski boots? If not, I'll sew in a wedge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Last weekend I just noticed a small problem with one of the side zippers. I think I lost a tooth. I'm thinking of sending them back to Arcteryx this summer to see if they can fix the zipper.]
    they should ,I wore out the main zipper on my 7yr old beta shell which also has a couple of large holes I fixed with aqua seal (so it looks well used ) ,my dealer sent it in with some other returns (so I didnt have to pay shipping )to arcteryx they replaced the zip and sent it back free shipping so NO cost to me ...very satisfyed with all my arcterxyx stuff

https://www.taigaworks.ca/cart.php?m...t_detail&p=534

this stuff is bomber ,I got tired of mine after about 15-20 yrs before they actualy wore out and I got some arcteyx soft shells ,you still see old guys wearing the distinctive red with blue patch bibs at hills in western canada that they bought 25 yrs ago

Thanks.
    A little disappointed with my flylow chemical pants. They fit great, are well made and designed, and the knee patchs and cuffs are solid, but the fabric used for the rest of the pant isn't holding up as well as I would expect. I've used them about 50 days and they show significant wear, much more than my old Arcteryx pants that were used twice as much.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

leather chaps, preferably assless so there's nothing to wear through

I'd give a nod to Flylow. I have the Chemical and Stash pants and no cuts, tears, rips, really anything that would be an issue. I usually tear up at least a pair of pants a year between skiing and sledding and I'm on my third season with no trouble.

I will say the color fades over time...not a big deal if that's not a big deal to you.

FlyLow pants are the burliest in this order. Chemical, Magnum and then Stash.

James FlyLow rep.

I have a pair of TNF Monte Cargo (maybe called Fargo Cargo now) that I bought for $160, full price, brand new, that have over 200 days, including probably 75 riding a snowmobile. They're definitely showing wear, but for $160 and 200 days I'm very very impressed.

Been beyond happy on the Vapor FX from Westcomb this year. It's on the pricey side but it comes with a lifetime warranty and there's comfort in the stuff being made locally in Canada vs. China. Only about 50 or so days on them, but I've done quite a bit of tree skiing this season where I'm hitting a million branches on the way down. Normally, there would be some hesitation in the past, but no more ... just ski hard without worry about ripping the fabric.

Seconded on the Westcomb gear. Got their bib, which is great for touring because of the huge chest pockets. I'm pretty hard on my gear, and they seem to be as burly as I'd need. Burlier than my last pair of Arc'Teryx bibs anyway. Only drawback (for me anyway) was the top "bib" part zips off to make regular ski pants. Not a huge deal, but there's a bit of a gap where the pants button. The bib part is a pretty breathable fabric, not sure why you'd want to zip it off.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos