Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Spyder coach bibs. I don;t have any, but a lot of the patrollers I work with do, and they've had them forever!

I use Sessions snowboard pants, but a little concerned about long term durability.
    Gravity. It's the law.

second patagonia rubicon/patrol pant. they feel like they are made entirely out of the material that most pants use just on there tear guards near boots.... : cordura. not sure if that's really what the material is, but there heavy, and diesel.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

the Klim pictured on the first page are super burly as in SUPER burly and stand up to pretty much everything and they come in black which is always a bonus...
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

While I'm looking forward to checking out the Westcomb Vapor FX line, I can throw another vote toward TREW.

I've been testing their 2011/2012 Bellows Jacket and Trewth bibs, and those pieces have pretty much blown my mind. Bomber. Every last detail. While there are a lot of good pieces out there from various companies, I've never seen or worn anything that I would rank higher in terms of quality or durability. Of course, time will tell, but if you told me to name gear that would hold up for 5 seasons / 500 days, I'd quickly name - and bet on - these pieces.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    After a 110 days, my new (this season) Orage Sirius softshell pants show virtually no wear. Certainly the best ski pants I've ever worn.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by JFE24 View Post
    While I'm looking forward to checking out the Westcomb Vapor FX line, I can throw another vote toward TREW.

I've been testing their 2011/2012 Bellows Jacket and Trewth bibs, and those pieces have pretty much blown my mind. Bomber. Every last detail. While there are a lot of good pieces out there from various companies, I've never seen or worn anything that I would rank higher in terms of quality or durability. Of course, time will tell, but if you told me to name gear that would hold up for 5 seasons / 500 days, I'd quickly name - and bet on - these pieces.
    Good to hear, when can we expect a full review?
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    After a 110 days, my new (this season) Orage Sirius softshell pants show virtually no wear. Certainly the best ski pants I've ever worn.
    saw these here: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/4...l-For-Men.html

Are the really as skinny as they appear in the pic?

Think Trew Eagles seem the way to go. I'm a medium if anyone knows anyone who'll ship to Froggie Land

Patagonia lifetime replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    leather chaps, preferably assless so there's nothing to wear through
    We have talked about this before. Chaps are assless by default.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Had some mid 90s TNF Steep Tech pants that I probably put over 500 days on. Sent 'em back to have the zippers replaced a couple times and Nikwaxed 'em every couple years, finally the groin blew out on 'em just last year.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

I'm gonna second Orage. I have the Gibson bib (Gore Tex Soft Shell). Skied 100 days on them this season. Had a couple encounters will falling in rocks and hitting tree branches (one which drew blood under my pants...thought it was way softer than it actually was). Not a scratch on the pants.

One word of caution is that they fit a little more slim that others. For me (since I'm a chick) it's worked out very well. However, I know a guy that owns these and wish he had gone a size up. They actually come in fun colors too instead of just black or grey (not sure if that's important at all).

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gforce View Post
    Patagonia Rubicon pants are burly. Durable fabric and warm. A little on the heavy side if weight is an issue.
    Rubicons are bomber, but definitely heavy and too warm for temps above freezing, IMO. Cut is also very gangsta/baggy - you may want to size down to avoid looking like a thug.

Shit, those Klim pants are close to my grail:

Burly
    Full side zips
    Big bad thigh pockets
    Bib style.

But, not quite:

Has a wicking liner that I don't want.
    Doesn't have reinforced inside ankles.
    Huge waist buckle sucks.

Can;t buy them anyway, not until I kill my AT Theta pants that just wont die. They would be perfect of they had big thigh pockets.
    Life is not lift served.

I picked up a pair of patagonia rubicon pants this winter. Very bomber and I put them through the paces from a mtn ops standpoint. THey do run big though. I got xl's and they are big on me. I run a 38 waist usually.

maybe peeps above are confused: you trying to keep things out? or in?
    these can help
    http://www.motleycollegefootball.com...bbyDepends.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by butterscotch View Post
    Good to hear, when can we expect a full review?
    Alta this weekend, A-basin next, and the review will follow. Last weekend was at A-Basin, and no change to what I wrote above.

/\/\ Patagucci stuff generally runs large. I normally wear a large, or even sometimes XL, but typically wear a M in Patagonia.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    saw these here: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/4...l-For-Men.html

Are the really as skinny as they appear in the pic?
    I think they are cut with an average amount of of room (same as my other ski pants), though not baggy at all, but I have skinny legs.
    Last edited by Rasputin; 04-19-2011 at 01:34 PM.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    I picked up a pair of patagonia rubicon pants this winter. Very bomber and I put them through the paces from a mtn ops standpoint. THey do run big though. I got xl's and they are big on me. I run a 38 waist usually.
    I don't even know how you keep them from falling off of your ass. We're the same size & I grabbed a pair of XL's this winter and even with them adjusted for their smallest, they fell right off of me. Belt obviously corrects this, but there was so much extra fabric I felt like a snowman. I wanted to like them but was borderline because of the fit, then the Mrs walked into the room and said "Those aren't black, they're navy blue" (tag said black - almost wondering if they were mislabled xxl blue pants) so I returned 'em and grabbed a pair of powder bowls in XL and they fit perfectly. Best ski pants I've ever owned (with only one gripe) but not NEARLY as burly as the Rubicons. My complaint is the lack of mesh covering the opening of the leg vents. I could give a shit that people can see my boxers when I have them unzipped, but found out why it really sucks on back to back powder days. Day #1, I kept feeling snow falling in the top of my boot. Checked the legs - sealed up tight. Happened all day and into the next morning before I realized spray from my turns was going in the meshless vents when they are opened and falling into the top of my boot. Ghey. Probably going to get some mesh sewn in for me this summer.