Recommend A/T Boot fitter in Tahoe

Got new pair of Black diamond boots and some intuition liners. Can I get some recommendations for a boot fitting in Tahoe.
    Thanks,

Elite feet in squaw

I know Jondrums has had great experiences with Cosmo in Truckee, also consider Paul at Marmot Mtn Works if Berserkely is an option. He just did a great job on my Quadrants and Protours for $60.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Start Haus in Truckee, or Snowind in Reno. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

I may be slightly biased but come on in to the Start Haus we will get you set up. Talk or ask for Sean he is our resident A/T Guru, dude knows his shit. Guarantee you wont be disappointed!

California Ski Company in Berkeley- Make a point of waiting for John or Greg to help you. Why worry about it while you're up in Tahoe?
    imz-design
    industrial design • new product development
    http://www.imz-design.com/

Second Christian at Elite Feet in Squaw Valley. My f'd up feet won't fit into any normal running shoes or ski boots, and he did a phenomenal job reshaping some Dalbello alpine boots until they were just right.

Quote Originally Posted by 02sedona View Post
    Elite feet in squaw
    +1
    Elite Feet's Christian is awesome.
    Cosmo in Truckee has a good reputation.
    Joe Sheehan at Bobo's in Reno did a GREAT job with my boots, both AT and alpine.
    Start Haus is great too.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Cosmo does a great job - but make an appointment. And also realize when you are there he is kinda scattered and will still have a lot going on with other people. But his end result is good.

Paul at Marmot Mountain Works in Berkley (and Tim as well) both do great jobs and definitely know their stuff.

Got my new Intuition Pro Tours molded into my Dynafit Zzeus by Elite Feet this weekend. Good folks.

I like Start Haus too. But do they have a convection oven for Intuitions? Probably, but I haven't noticed it before.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Start Haus
    Sako/Bestfit up at sugarbowl.

Basically anyone but cosmo.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I had a great experience with Elite Feet.
    My intuitions feel great and they stayed late one night to make sure I had boots to ski in the next day.
    They also hooked me up with some free demo's. All around cool people.

Blast from the Jurassic period any new opinions or experiences?
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Cosmo made my alpine and AT boots fit great. Mrs. C. had him do liners + footbeds for her alpine boots, and she is very happy with the results.

Best bootfitter experience we have had here, after having had work done at Snowind, Bobo's, and Village Ski Loft. (Not that any of those were bad, but the resulting fit after Cosmo worked on the boots was much better.)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Elite feet and olympic bootworks at squaw.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Imz View Post
    California Ski Company in Berkeley- Make a point of waiting for John or Greg to help you. Why worry about it while you're up in Tahoe?
    Paul is really good too (came from Marmot Mtn Works), and he actually backcountry skis.

Went to Starthaus today and downsized to a new set of Dynafit Mercury boots (selling my larger ones fyi 29.5). The bootfitters are top notch.

Cosmo if he's not hammered.

Start Haus

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Paul is really good too (came from Marmot Mtn Works), and he actually backcountry skis.
    See dates on post #6 and #9... Marmot was still in business and Paul was still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

What do you need done? Lots of bootfitters will balk at punching or grinding Black Diamond shells - the high density Pebax they use is a bitch to punch, has tons of memory, and creates molten ridges of material when you grind it. It's also so thick in areas like the toe that even if you heat evenly from the inside and outside, you start to burn it before you can move it. Some guys I know will refuse to work on them.

If it's just cooking some Intuitions, pretty much anyone can do it.