TGR Forums platform more unstable now??

Has anybody else noticed that ever since TGR updated the Forums software to the new version a few weeks ago (good job on the very seamless transition, by the way!!), it has shown signs of being unstable now?

For me....most nights, after being on the forums for maybe 10 minutes or so....the grey Internet Explorer error box comes up. It only has the option of clicking "Close" inside the box, or clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner of this error window.

When this box comes up, I usually click on the "X" instead of clicking on close. Clicking on 'close' shuts the whole TGR page down right away. Clicking on the "X" instead, the grey Internet Explorer box usually disappears, and I am able to continue what I was doing on TGR Forums.

And then, almost always, the 'I E Error box" comes back again in ten minutes or so.

Usually when I get that SECOND error meesage box, that's IT...the TGR page shuts right down.

This happens A LOT now !!! Sometimes 3 or four times or more every night!

Anybody else notice this happening on THEIR machines after the Forums upgrade?

I'm running Window 7. Think this might be a compatibility problem between Windows 7 and the new version (V.04 or whatever) of the Forums software????
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

I'm just shocked you use IE on your personal machine when there are tons of better browsers for free.
    I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    I find the new platform is much better. No hassles viewing photos in padded room, no downtime every evening at 11, most features easier to find/use or just plain returned. I like it.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Hugh Conway Guest
    I agree L7 - it's nice how they've spaced the downtime out from 11, to randomly throughout the entire day. Solid work.

Maybe they just made this website to work with a Mac? That'd be TGR level dumb

I'm with Advres... isn't IE the PC version of Safari? Seems like Junk, why not get firefox or chrome or sumthin so cool I don't even know about it???

Quote Originally Posted by gameface View Post
    I'm just shocked you use IE on your personal machine when there are tons of better browsers for free.
    I never used to have problems with Internet Explorer. Previously on other notebooks, I've used Firefox, etc...mozilla. But this netbook I just bought a short while ago I no longer wanted the hassle of a wide-screen notebook. The only downer is the 1 gig of mem...not even sure if I can upgrade the mem to 2 gig or 4 gig...I think 1 gig is max.

If no one else is having problems with browser errors after the upgrade...it may just be this machine. It just happened 5 minutes ago....and 15 minutes before that.

The weird thing is, I never get any IE crashes on any other website. Oh....and my Archos 28 sometimes does the same thing when I access TGR using it...and it's using Android 2.3

Other than that, I think they did pretty smooth transition of software.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:

Know nothing of IE, agree on the new version overall, still think when you hit new posts there's a shitload of wasted space between the new posts button row and first post. And on the bottom. Wasting that space limits to only last 20 posts, not enough.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

let us know if this is just a random IE thing or if something new popped up in the last few days.

Trying to blame IE is pretty lame when the site sucks on a multitude of other browsers and is intolerably slow on any of the smart-phones I've used to browse it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

How's it been lately. With Hughes guidance we implemented some optimizations that seem to have helped? Keep the feedback coming.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    I froze up last night for the first time. Didn't crash firefox or anything but wouldn't load for a long time. First time in weeks for me.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TGR420 View Post
    How's it been lately. With Hughes guidance we implemented some optimizations that seem to have helped? Keep the feedback coming.
    I'm glad I'm a convenient scapegoat for the shitty upgrade. Keep up listening

Hugh, You are not a scapegoat. You have been very helpful. Without your notes we would still be weeks behind where we are today. Thank you again for your help.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

Quote Originally Posted by TGR420 View Post
    search doesnt want to do user name searches
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

since the latest update the views number is not the actual views number. it appears to be the number of posts, which includes the first post (as opposed to replies, which doesn't include the first post).
    notice all the newly started threads have exactly one more view than replies.

Hugh Conway Guest
    The emoticon graphics appear to have crapped out again

The TGR platform seems more stable now. It doesn't crash my IE as often now. Good job.

Posted by DJSapp:

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    The TGR platform seems more stable now. It doesn't crash my IE as often now. Good job.
    And here I thought that IE crashed because it was written to do so. Seriously though, how do you constantly posture as all Mr. Leftie Mc Liberal-people-power, and still use the dark overlord's IE, instead of the vastly superior, stable, and free, open source, Firefox? Seriously, pull your head out.

Last edited by Rasputin; 05-07-2011 at 01:09 AM.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים