Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I'd love to see a Soul 3, a little brother to the 7. 184 & 191cm, 100-105 waist, soul 7 tip and tail, metal, 25-30m radius. Rossi, build this ski.

This thing sounds a lot like the Atomic Atlas, am I wrong?
    "... when I turn, I just hope it hits me in the face."--Shroder Baker/Under the Influence

Quote Originally Posted by skiclimber View Post
    Could be the defining shape by which others will follow once again. Rossignol has always been ahead of the game in my worthless opinion.
    Nothing groundbreaking. Its a 4FRNT EHP w/ more sidecut. Then there's also Dana's/Sage's new Atomic, I think the ON3P Billygoats are closer to these than the S7s(my 191 Billygoats are VERY similar in profile to the Soul 7s, only longer), maybe even 4FRNT Renegades and Blizzards new line up. However its the type of shape I'm glad to see more of.

Finstah Guest
    The name of this ski has been changed to the Squad 7. Rossignol should have them after Thanksgiving.

^^yeah, I'm with ya. I'm liking the new wave of "more tail", flat tail type of skis. Just more stable for drops & straight lines. Don't get me wrong, the tail rocker has its place for sure. It's just not my style. (I can't spin)
    "... when I turn, I just hope it hits me in the face."--Shroder Baker/Under the Influence

Quote Originally Posted by Finstah View Post
    The name of this ski has been changed to the Squad 7. Rossignol should have them after Thanksgiving.
    Gangsta. This might out-mode my RC112s.

Got a pair coming my way... I'll report more when they arrive!

I saw a pair of these the other day. They look good. 119 underfoot. Have a good flex. Like said before, front 1/2 looks like a S7 the rest looks like RC. Nice tail, won't wheely out on drops.
    Brian let us know what ya think.

Nice. Glad to see more competition in the area of a surfy funshape that can charge.

Just subscribing. I'm not really in the market anymore (picked up some 4FRNT Renegades), but these look fantastic. Can't wait to fondle a pair.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

This is likely really similar to the new dynastar coming out late this year (maybe next year). Part of the new Cham line. Like an S7 but with a flatter and less pintailed. Ill be skiing on them in late december (or so weve been promised) and will report back.

or maybe its a different ski completely

Searched Rossi Squad7 on google and found this blog with a few pics . Says no metal ?

I don't know how to post pics from another blog , or I would have . They look nice , I want a pair .

I have nothing to do with the blog , never seen it before , prob never see it again....

http://grimeygatsby.blogspot.com/201...l-squad-7.html

Haven't recieved the Rossi's yet, but after the first day on my 196 Bodacious the Squad7 has some stiff competition...

Quote Originally Posted by ARpowhound View Post
    This thing sounds a lot like the Atomic Atlas, am I wrong?
    Looks exactly like their answer to the Rocker 2 to me, at least the shape, just with a little more tail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo+2.JPG 
Views:	197 
Size:	204.5 KB 
ID:	104554

I like how the tails are a little square, good for hookin up the skins.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

^^ really?

i thought consensus was that rocker2 >s7 on the flippy/spinny/jibby scale and that these would be a step further away and closer to a chargier rc112/Atlas.

I meant the shape but for sure on how stiff and how they ski, for sure more like rc/atlas
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

While waiting for the lift to open, I laid my Super7 down in the lift line next to a Squad7 and the differences in shape were more subtle than I expected. And from what I was told it's a little more work to ski in the trees especially if your legs are tired at the end of the day. I'm still curious to try it, another Rossi rider mentioned he still skis the SS7 depending on conditions/terrain.

That straighter, flatter tail will be harder to pivot without the tail rocker. Will not get that "wheely out" affect on drops.

They have them in the store here in St. Anton in Austria. Those skis looks absolutely amazing. I like me a big mountain charger with a floaty shovel.
    Shredding St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria every winter!
    Follow at http://freeskiing.dk
    Check out http://blacksnow.dk

Name:	IMG_0100.jpg 
Views:	21952 
Size:	702.0 KB 
ID:	104795

The ski in the local skishop. You can see the skis from the side, in front of the Super7.
    Shredding St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria every winter!
    Follow at http://freeskiing.dk
    Check out http://blacksnow.dk

Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post
    I'd love to see a Soul 3, a little brother to the 7. 184 & 191cm, 100-105 waist, soul 7 tip and tail, metal, 25-30m radius. Rossi, build this ski.
    Ditto to this. Would have the potential to be a killer everyday ski out west.

No more floppy tips??

Looks similar to the bibby ak special ive got sitting in my basement waiting for fKS.
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Schober View Post

Name:	IMG_0100.jpg 
Views:	21952 
Size:	702.0 KB 
ID:	104795

The ski in the local skishop. You can see the skis from the side, in front of the Super7.
    Ooooooooo...looks like the tip rise of a JJ/Bent, not so swooped up like the current S7.
    Tail looks much more solid and plenty of camber. Me thinks baby like.

Any chance the squad 7 will be available to purchase at retail this season? Any details on sizes?