Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

New DB ski owners....

Have you guys received your orders as promised....Snorkledeep, did you order the Surreal or the Tabla Rasa?
    Just curious.
    If it weren't for serendipity, there'd be no dipity at all

3 pin told me he got a letter the other day saying they were behind schedule, talking about February, I believe.
    such is the plight of more than a few startups.........

Ouch......

Anyone's Tabla Rasa's turned up yet?

Anyone heard of last years DBs problems with holes and edges ripping off?

A guy from a place told that some spancered guy had theese problems last winter...

Theese skiis begin to be in a intresting pricerange here in the east, thanks to the strong euro.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet
    Anyone heard of last years DBs problems with holes and edges ripping off?

A guy from a place told that some spancered guy had theese problems last winter...
    I know one guy who ripped out his bindings from a pair of Tablas. Upon hearing how he had done the mounting it was pretty clear to me that DB were not really at fault (freehand drilling, no proper drill bit etc.). Of course there may have been one or two models torn apart but I haven't seen (or even heard of) any production skis with such problems. On the other hand I have seen Glisseurs skis take abuse WAY beyond what I would expect any ski to handle (except may an Igneous) as well as a few other skis in surprisinly good shape.

That said of course it wuld be possible to tear apart a pair of DB's if willing or unlucky enough, that would be posible with any ski (I've torn apart Iggies too). But I would definately count DB in with other few very strong skis I've seen like Igneous, M103s etc.

Wonder who that spancered dude was. To the best of my knowledge they don't really spancer anyone, even the people I know working with DB in various ways seem to pay for their skis. Unless you know the guy telling the story really well and whether or not he knows said "spancered" skier well too I wouldn't listen too hard. If he just saw someone with a pair of beat up Tabla's he could have been seeing one of the DB guys themselves with a proto or something that would not necessarily hold production quality.
    self unemployed?

no tablas yet.. been talking to db quite a bit and trying to keep the stoke up. however.. it is getting a bit frustrating. latest word is.. worst case feb, but maybe fairly soon.

dbskis spancer the toilet roll dispenser in the bar at La Grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Telepath
    ...On the other hand I have seen Glisseurs skis take abuse WAY beyond what I would expect any ski to handle (except may an Igneous) as well as a few other skis in surprisinly good shape....
    Wonder who that spancered dude was....To the best of my knowledge they don't really spancer anyone, even the people I know working with DB in various ways seem to pay for their skis....
    Id bet my money that the dude that i talked too ment him...

Was just curious, since i havent heard any stories of the durability of DB skis.
    The price begins to be the same if you would buy a pair of im103, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Badroo
    dbskis spancer the toilet roll dispenser in the bar at La Grave
    AND the doorhinges of the front door.
    Last edited by Meathelmet; 01-10-2005 at 11:31 AM.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by snorkeldeep
    no tablas yet.. been talking to db quite a bit and trying to keep the stoke up. however.. it is getting a bit frustrating. latest word is.. worst case feb, but maybe fairly soon.
    Been talking too and hearing the same thing. Was just wondering if they had started to trickle out as yet.

Feel much the same way ... my main problem is that I will have to buy another pair of skis in the next two weeks if the Tabla's do not turn up. I have been psyched to get these skis for 4 months now

Have to feel bad for the DB guys as they have obviously got a whole bunch of orders through and now just need to fulfil them

DB - s durability

I've been talking to Cyrille Boinay a bit, and according to him, there has been only one incident of breakeage on TR's (or was it DB's - can't remember). That incident was due to bad mounting - and I even think he got a new pair.

My feeling impression is that the DB's are very durable (except for last years topsheet, which has been changed anyway).

Anyone had any news?

Surreals are starting to arrive (not ship...ARRIVE!) in the hands of buyers....
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

When you guys receive your skis, please post reviews

I'm seriously considering gettting Surreals for next season and would love to get your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by bad_roo
    dbskis spancer the toilet roll dispenser in the bar at La Grave.
    They used to. The DB sticker has been removed although the Marmot one has stayed. Politics...

Anyone getting TR's yet, or is it just the Surreals moving? I'm getting awfully impatient, especially after the last two weeks' snow.

Man, I hope nobody gives up on these guys....I saw Lawrence on them (TRs) at Alta and he had nothing but glowing reports even though they are longer than what he would normally ski(he got em used and grabbed em). I personally haven't ordered yet cause I'm blowing $ in other areas but I at least want to have the oportunity to order for next season. I feel a feather light yet stiff ski is very important to me. Hang in there...I'm counting on ya...and so are the DB boys. Don't give up....

I am trying to hang on

Ordered in the first week of September and about to leave for an 8 week ski odyssey. Main problem for me is that I don't have another pair of fat skis for the next few weeks in Japan.

I was planning on getting a 90-95mm stiff ski to complement the TRs when I got to Alta in late Feb when they would be on sale. If I have to get another pair now then I will be paying full price, shipping them to Australia and paying taxes and duty. $$$$$

Arggggg .......... it is so disappointing for everyone involved.

im dying to get my hands on my TRs.. had so many opportunities to be killing it on these this season and work is just getting busier. ugh.

Any news on these?

Is it just a rumour that the Surreals are arriving? More importantly; the TR's, where are they?

Pretty sure a couple of the guys around here have got their Surreals. Still no sign on the Tablas as far as I know.

Hold on guys - they're on their way! Working hard on production and should soon be all sorted. Everyone is super-frustrated but hanging in there and just trying to get the boards out. Thanks for all your patience - it'll be worth the wait.

As for the tablas, some 25lbs 186's came through last week and should now be shipped. Hopefully a lot more to follow...

Some Tablas...!

Maybe those "some" are mine...?!! Very excited now! Will we be informed by e-mail when they are on the way?

Not sure as to how it's going to work. We're replacing some of the early skis we sold last year that had the original topsheet issues - would expect those to be shipped first.

Will certainly be informed by email when the skis go out. Please don't get too excited though, as i said i've no idea of how many Tablas came in. You can rest assured however that everybody is working very hard to get back up to speed. It'll be worth the wait.

That is great news Mikey. Thanks for the update. The hardest thing about waiting has been not getting any news