How the hell do you search specific forums anymore?

There's this great thing called 'gear swap' here but I'll be damned if I can figure out a way to search within it for a specific thing.

Man if only that were an option! That would be great!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Search function is all fucked up since the "upgrade"
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Click on "advanced search" at the top. Then click on "search single content type" -- then you can select the forum you want to search.

I think it would be better if, when you click on "advanced search," the search screen defaulted to "search single content type." It currently defaults to "search multiple content types," which isn't as useful IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Ha!

Thanks!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Dont forget if your in a specific forum (i.e. gear swap) there is a "search this forum" function too.

Just avoids the whole advanced search thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Dont forget if your in a specific forum (i.e. gear swap) there is a "search this forum" function too.

Just avoids the whole advanced search thing.
    this.

Curious if the TGR smart guys who "improved" the forums / search function put it that was because they want us to use the other community crap that isn't the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    this.

Curious if the TGR smart guys who "improved" the forums / search function put it that was because they want us to use the other community crap that isn't the forums.
    don't quite get how the community stuff enters the picture whether you search inside a specific forum, or go up top to the advanced search? I didn't have much coffee today, may be missing the obvious...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's