Upgrade or Replace? 08 Prophet 6

So I have a 2008 prophet 6 that I've been riding for a few years now and I think it's time for a few upgrades or whole new bike. The prophet would definitely need new brakes, rear shock and a few miscellaneous bits to get it into shape for this summer.

I guess my question is, what does everyone think of the prophet frame? Is it worth upgrading or would I be better off just selling it and putting the money towards a new bike.

sell it, and buy what you want.

I absolutely love mine. It has both the more traditional upright XC geometry (69 HA) as well as the 5" low and slack geo every brand in the industry seems to be going for (and they've had it since 2005). Its a pretty light frame too, especially for how burly they are. I'll be keeping it around for quite some time to come.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

I love my Prophet. I have put some decent cash in it on upgrades including dropping the Lefty for a Fox (thanks again couliorman!) and some I9 wheels. For those of us who can have only one bike, the Prophet is a versatile choice.
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

Nice. Good to see some dudes still loving the prophet frame.

I think I will keep the bike, at least for one more season. The frame definitely needs a new shock though. The stock radium in pretty thrashed.

I loved my prophet, and swinger 4 shock helped it a lot. I was suggesting dumping it based on the price of upgrades, not the frame its self. I really liked that bike.

I am thinking about putting a pushed Monarch on mine, but the swinger would be a mucher cheaper option
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

The right rear shock makes all the difference on that bike. I had one and was never really fond of it, but I think it's because I didn't run the right shock. The suspension has a regressive curve, and I felt like I was always wallowing in the travel. If I still had the bike I would get a pushed monarch for it, setup for midstroke support and not to bottom on a decent sized jump. They're like 360 new from push, which is a pretty good deal considering it would make your bike ride like so much better. That being said, if you can find a used B or E tune monarch 4.2 in your price range, and there are great deals out there, that alone might make a huge difference. 7.87x2.00 is what you need, I believe. Prophet with a pike on front and monarch or properly setup RP3 would be a sweet ride for the $.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3centshort View Post
    I figure when he realized he was still 10-15 feet off as he flew the K his asshole puckered so hard it ate his nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    In the other scenario, you would be like "Peanut Butter, cool, fuck I'm stuck HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME oh fuck I'm screwed, but at least I have time to think about how screwed I am. I guess that is a blessing. FUCK NO IT'S NOT A BLESSSING I'M STUCK AND I'M DYING.

Anybody here run a pre boost valve rp23 on their prophet? I can get a barely used one for $175ish.

Another option would be the monarch 4.2, has anyone run one with good results on the prophet?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch View Post
    Anybody here run a pre boost valve rp23 on their prophet? I can get a barely used one for $175ish.

Another option would be the monarch 4.2, has anyone run one with good results on the prophet?
    I'm running a pre boost valve rp23 and it works great. For that price, I'd say do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
    7.87x2.00 is what you need, I believe. Prophet with a pike on front and monarch or properly setup RP3 would be a sweet ride for the $.
    Yes thats the right size. And yes the prophet/pike/rp23 combo is awesome. Pikes are cheap these days too.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Alright, thanks for the replies. Right now the plan is to upgrade a few things this summer, ride it for the season and possibly go to a new frame next year.

Here's the plan:

Monarch RT3 (E tune?)
    Juicy 3.5 rear
    Elixer 5 front
    New lock-ons, saddle and wider bars.

Ride.

Anyone used the monarch RT3 with good results? Also, any recommendations for the tune with the RT3?