la cabana ~ un estudio photografico

la tarde primera

el perro de mi amigo

el perro mio

los perros de nuestros y el amigo les gusta esquiar!

el hombre

cerveza de lujo

cerveza barata

una tormenta llega...

...al lago

a veces, se necisita unos esquis gordos

cuando se termina esquiar...

...un fuego me siento bien

y una cerveza tambien

los perros estan cansados

me gusta esquiar

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post

Man I've been trying to figure out how to ski uphill forever!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Man I've been trying to figure out how to ski uphill forever!
    sometimes you are funny...

this'd be one of 'em...

now if only there was a shooting star and everything was blurry

You've got some crazy cool light going on here. Is it natural or are you using a off camera flash?

Also, your portfolio is great. What is the name of the lake (the high alpine one, where someone is fly fishing in one of the shots)?

sometimes you are funny...

this'd be one of 'em...

now if only there was a shooting star and everything was blurry

Yeah fuck off that's a setup frame from a timelapse before finding focus. That shit ain't easy in the dark. Plus the video is dope

Does kind of look like skiing uphill though eh?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by aj_77 View Post
    You've got some crazy cool light going on here. Is it natural or are you using a off camera flash?

Also, your portfolio is great. What is the name of the lake (the high alpine one, where someone is fly fishing in one of the shots)?
    Thanks AJ... The lake is hungry packer lake, out of the sabrina lakes trailhead near bishop...

The light in your quoted shot is natural. Clouds and trees breaking it up late in the afternoon...

Yeah fuck off that's a setup frame from a timelapse before finding focus. That shit ain't easy in the dark. Plus the video is dope

Does kind of look like skiing uphill though eh?
    It is low-angle, and it was deep...

trees and low angle for avy's, but it was still steep enough to ski something that deep...

like I said, that one was funny, and deserved...

...and crisp...(winkeez)

But........but.......... but!!!!!!!!........

I just thought the shooing star was neat!!!

I wasn't criticizing the ski terrain at all. I live here too and know what's been going on. That was more my internal recognition of how photos flatten things out. I shot a buddy of mine skiing some pillows last year that were essentially a wall of about 30-40 feet of drop. On film it looks like it's completely horizontal, with him sking towards you vs. the reality of him skiing ONTO you. Photo perspective has robbed skiers of credit forever

But........but.......... but!!!!!!!!........

I just thought the shooing star was neat!!!

I wasn't criticizing the ski terrain at all. I live here too and know what's been going on. That was more my internal recognition of how photos flatten things out. I shot a buddy of mine skiing some pillows last year that were essentially a wall of about 30-40 feet of drop. On film it looks like it's completely horizontal, with him sking towards you vs. the reality of him skiing ONTO you. Photo perspective has robbed skiers of credit forever
    well, you are right, it does flatten it out and it was low angle...

like I said, some (most) times you're funny, I thought this was one... And you do have an incredibly high rate of shooting shooting stars...

second only to your rate of dishing it out (in a humorous, good natured way)...

I'm almost as good at serving back as I am at skiing uphill, which, btw, makes for some fast goddamn touring