Mt. Hood Ski Bowl cool news

I stopped by Tha Bowl to get my pass pic taken today and heard some cool news. First, they honestly expect real snow soon. Second, since they haven't been able to open yet, they will be adding value to our season passes by arranging reciprocity at other small cool areas around Oregon. It's not a done deal, but they are hoping to get us pass privledges at Ashland, Anthony Lakes, and a few more. I think it's a pretty cool thing to do, since really, this ass weather has not been their fault. We get to go explore a bunch of little areas that rock with the pass we already have!
    another Handsome Boy graduate

That place rules.

If we ever have a nuclear winter, that's my spot.

That is pretty sweet. All those areas are kinda in the same boat(snowpack wise). Good to see them lookin out for each other. I like pullin for the little guys too. Also, Anthony Lakes gets some kick ass dry snow at times

i gotta say, given that conditions are poor everywhere, Bachelor is skiing really good right now.

Summit is open with great corn, Outback is nice in the afternoon, and the frontside.... well, it's fun. But having Summit and OB open is great.

Spring skiing in December! If you guys come down here, lemme know.

still.....change for a nickel, PLEASE!

The NW Passage program is not quite as cool as I previously thought, but still pretty good. Here's what they e-mailed me today:

Northwest Passage Program. Skibowl season pass holders can receive discounted lift tickets at other participating Northwest Passage Ski Areas. Bring your Skibowl season pass to the guest services counter at the following ski areas: Anthony Lakes, Ski Bluewood, Mt. Ashland, Mt. Shasta, and Willamette Pass, and receive a $10 lift ticket. The best thing is that you can start skiing these resorts now, even before Skibowl opens.

Cool that you can go to so many areas and the pass seams to be unrestricted. Bummer about ten bucks extra for every visit to alternate areas. Also cool: they are still selling passes with these benefits for $199 right now, way past their deadlines.

Edit- check out their sites:
    www.anthonylakes.com - "Eastern Oregon skiers are the descendents of super heroes."
    www.bluewood.com - Where the Tri Cities comes to ski
    www.mtashland.com - Pep Fujas grew up skiing Ashland
    www.skipark.com - claims "The Best Skiing in Northern California"
    www.willamettepass.com - claims "steeper, deeper, cheaper" than Batchelor

If Ski Bowl would just open I could be night skiing and not posting.
    Last edited by Platinum Pete; 12-20-2004 at 11:59 PM.
    another Handsome Boy graduate