Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    well bra, it isn't hawaii.....the bouys were reading 18ft that day...so sorry but it surely wasn't 3 foot, lets be realistic. It's not even a big deal regardless, we were there, it was awesome and it's now gone. I documented it, i didn't push the guy.
    Last edited by rdennhs; 04-30-2011 at 06:18 AM.

^^Liking the vids rdennhs^^

Fun, peaky swell yesterday at local beach break in the evening as the southerlies died off.

Have to travel to the midcoast to run a field trip for work today, so will go check some spots up there. Fingers crossed.
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

^nice. one of these days i'm going to run into you at the beach...i'll look for the guy with the vid! ha!

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post

Sick segments, all of 'em! Thanks for sharing.

what board is the surfer in '8' on? looks like a fun mix of a groveler/ traditional SB
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Peterslovo, did you end up at any of the midcoast spots? P-ham's a bit different this year, now that the river changed course again. I'll still call it cold though.

itey - yes. Paddled around Pem. Point for awhile and got spooked - tide was too low and I was by myself and it was throwing.

Been keeping track on Popham for work, so yes, I'm aware of the changes. Some good peaks still to be found along there - always worth the walk/trip! You in that area?
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

well bra, it isn't hawaii.....the bouys were reading 18ft that day...so sorry but it surely wasn't 3 foot, lets be realistic. It's not even a big deal regardless, we were there, it was awesome and it's now gone. I documented it, i didn't push the guy.
    Ya, I think I may have been a bit irritable when I posted. And I'm kind of a douche on the internet at times. It certainly is not 3'. I even re-watched to make sure. I guess I should have started with the props as well. You videos are good. I enjoy watching them, especially the well mixed non surfing shots.

I guess my point was (or should have been), it is never cool to purposefully hit another surfer, and never cool to dictate what others should be riding.

I mean, I don't like riding a fish. They just seem lack luster to me. Perhaps if I were back east, I'd change my tune, but for me, if I can't short board, I take out my Rick. Someone left me a 7'6" fun board a few years ago, and I take it out some times, but I prefer the long or the short. But, I'd never tell others that riding a fish was not cool, or worse, say something like, "if it is chest you need to get off the fish and ride a short board or go home."

And the height measure thing. I don't know. And I know a lot of SUP guys get in the way, but I've seen a few out here rip it in 10 foot surf. It should really be - do you have the skills to be out in the conditions. Meaning, can you negotiate the surf zone without getting in people's way.

In your video, that SUP did drop in, but I could see where a surfer would think the deeper dude was not going to make the section - he did spend a fair amount of time at the bottom (but I don't know this wave, so perhaps it sets up like that often, in which case...). He simply could have hooted, and swept a turn underneath the SUP. Based on the cut in your vid, I assume he did not get much after pushing the SUP.

And the buoy thing. You know better than to use a bouy height reading alone determine the wave height. Especially in N.E. where you can watch ten foot swells pass you out to see, while the beach is breaking at shin high. I mean, even out here, where the coast is pretty much wide open, an 18'@10 sec swell from 325 will yield some six footers at Pleasure Point, while 18'@20sec from 300 will make Mav's break at 25 foot plus. So, you need more information than the height.

Regardless, some nice vids.

And you never answered my question. Is that Rye? I was never lucky enough to see the place break with a decent swell.

And to make this post even longer, saw the next big thing today. Why SUP, when you can SAK up. Stand up Kayak.

Glad to see you gents are getting some waves. I know my buds were complaining in January about the not so great fall.

QUITE A RUN

so much fun the last 9 out of 10 days! tues morning and tonight at the rocks were crazy fun. nobody out and perfect little waist/chest high peelers.

back out in the a.m. looks like more fun continuing through early next week maybe......

rog

LOL at around 1:30- 1:40

nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I am pretty sure that you could file for assault in NH. Definitely could in RI. Just saying.
    Eeeeasy there tiger.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    Eeeeasy there tiger.
    He's trying to hard to fit in in California.

I like the vid, some great waves pushing through. Think I surfed that left on the rocks back in the mid 90's, cold and perfect.

the push was douche, it does make good video material though. Hate to see it in lineups in person.

Barking in the lineup is mainly for seals but it happens, hands on is another level. It's always classic when a guy like that is 1 week pushing guys in the lineup in NH and then the next week the palest most friendly humble touron haoleboy in the lineup on the North Shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    He's trying to hard to fit in in California.
    again?

Besides, N.E. is way more litigious than CA. Just sayin'

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    again?
    yes, you are playing powdork grammar fag... again.

Jajaja

Dude, creepy. Stop fanboi-ing. Already told ya, I'm not into meth cooks or pervs. So, yeah fishtaco, your just wastin your time.

Speaking if litigation, seems like you are all for it when you get butthurt for being a complete douche. So, perhaps I'm wrong. Assholes use for nothing in CA as well.