Info photos on new 2012 Nordicas Volkls and Fischers

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has any information, photos of the new 2012 Volkl, Nordica Fischer Freeride skis? I live in Tahoe and Ski Squaw often. I currently have a Nordica Girish and Radict and will sell them and want a Big mountain/powder ski with a length around 190cm and a waist between 110-120mm Has anyone skied the new Volkl Shiros Gotamas or Katanas?

Thanks

Dave
    Last edited by Wavemanz; 03-12-2011 at 01:51 AM.

Hey Dave,

The Katanas are unchanged other than a paint job for next year, The 2012 Gotamas become one mill wider (107) and got a more subtle rocker, modeled after the Bridge. The new Gotama is more versatile on harder snow conditions and like bigger GS style turns. The new Shiro is incredible, definitely not as versatile as either the Katana or the Gotama on hard snow with speed, but still holds it's own. Other stand out skis I'd look at in the wasit width you mentioned would be the 4Frnt Renegade, Blizzard Bodacious, Salomon Rocker 2, Rossignol Sickle (S6 with a new paint job), Atomic Blog (incredible for the price). Nordica has the new Patron if you want a narrower Radict (113mm) and your best Fischer option would be the Watea 114. My personal favorites of the new skis would be the Bodacious, Renegade, and Shiro in that order. That being said I enjoyed all the skis I mentioned and you could probably pick the graphic you liked the best and be happy. Not that graphics ever influence a buying decision.... hope this helps!