Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

While I love skiing powder...

Flowy singletrack is where my heart is at.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winning.jpg 
Views:	511 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	94359
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Professing a love of riding through farm land sounds like a cop out. If you're getting sick of cold calves stop skiing in manpri's.
    Last edited by Moose Pit; 03-06-2011 at 11:18 PM.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

I'm with ya. I could go without skiing the rest of the year, no problem. Glad to see you got out. Can I ask, where?

I hit up some more FC goodness yesterday. We should ride this year sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by stapes View Post
    I'm with ya. I could go without skiing the rest of the year, no problem. Glad to see you got out. Can I ask, where?

I hit up some more FC goodness yesterday. We should ride this year sometime.
    Stapes, that is the Falcon trail at AFA. Pretty much the most underrated trail I've ridden. Nice 13 mile loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

I got out and rode Heil Ranch in Boulder... not the best trail, but to be able to ride 10 miles the day after skiing powder, I'll take it. Can't wait for warmer weather.

Nice! I'm right there with you.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

someone has to start this thread in march of every year don't they???

as a sport, yeah, I think mountain blows skiing away.

however, skiing long runs of untracked, hero powder snow is the best thing, ever!!!

I hope to ski some good powder tomorrow. there may even be a surprise guest at kirkwood. I am bringing my point and shoot just in case he shows.

"A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

That's "flowy"?
    I'm guessing corduroy is powder then.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I think it's just because you ski powder by getting down on your knees and submitting every single turn.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

First ride on dirt in a while. Everything around here is sopping mudfest in nature at the moment. Unless you have a lucky day off when things are cold enough.

Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6365781/

(anyone know how to embed these things? some are on youtube but this one doesn't seem to be...)

Without very much snow down here in northern Arizona we have pretty much spent our whole winter doing this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYxUC...el_video_title

I have already posted this a few weeks ago but just in case anyone missed it. It's been a killer winter for bikes here!

After being separated from both skis and bicycles since September, I have to say I miss riding more than skiing. Maybe it's because it has been almost 80° here every day.

Too early.

Give me a few weeks.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

skied 6" of steep, fall line, high speed, medium desity perfectly creamy pow this am.

fully planed out, totally surfy.

just saying.
    Last edited by marshalolson; 03-07-2011 at 12:48 PM.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

I'm ready for another 3-4 pow days.. then I'll be taking a few drives down to Prince Creek to see when it's ready.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Tear it up bros and sistah! We are into full on creek boating and biking now.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    skied 6" of steep, fall line, high speed, medium desity perfectly creamy pow this am.

fully planed out, totally surfy.

just saying.
    jealousjealousjealous

i think that nearly any day on a (mountain) bike beats a day skiing meh snow.

but a good day skiing pow blows railing singletrack away. this coming from a guy who has only had 3 or 4 legit inbounds powder days this year and only a handful of tours with good snow. fkn la nina bitch

i <3 this thread, having last night found a screaming deal on my first 'real' mountain bike...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    I'd be more into skiing right now if my joints would cooperate. This is why I'm heading to Fruita next week.

I think you should spread this ghey word loud and proud Rontele. Get more and more people off the snow and back onto their bikes.

Leaves more inbounds pow for me and less schmucks in the lift line.

Spread your gospel. Skiing in March and April sucks, everyone go ride your bloody bike in marginal conditions while the snow is at it's prime.

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    I'd be more into skiing right now if my joints would cooperate. This is why I'm heading to Fruita next week.
    Maybe try a one hitter or a nice glass piece.

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    bikram yoga + chiroprctor = good as new
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Maybe try a one hitter or a nice glass piece.
    Woot!

Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    bikram yoga + chiroprctor = good as new
    I haven't needed the chiropractor once since I started bikram yoga about 4 months ago, but YMMV.

But I'm officially more obsessed with biking than skiing at the moment. I spent time riding in circles inside the garage this weekend, if that tells you anything. Shiny new bikes begging to be ridden aren't helping...
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"