Talking WWMD won $5k in the lotto! WOOT WOOT!1!!

so i just got my check back from the lotto office and it's legit! 5 fukin K on a 5 dolla Cash Stash ticket!

Question is, now what to do with it?

i gotta couple things that I need to pay off, cc bills etc that will leave me with around 4 grand all said and done. Is that enough to invest? buy more lotto tix? Get a stupid coffee can muffler for my xB?

srsly tho, I was thinking of getting into rafting this summer and maybe getting on at an outfitter somewhere for the summer. what kind of gear would I need to bring for a job like that? what would be the best use of this cash to make my summer rock?

some have said I should donate to the gulf cleanup which i took part in this past year, maybe I'll give them some, but i gotta gets mine!

WWMD? with the cash? any smart investments out there?
    i dont slay ur groomerz with teh steeze so dont carve corduroy in r park nOOb!

my arsenal !: 4FRNT CRJ : Armada Pipecleaners : Salomon 1080 Gun Lab : Rossignol Scratch FS : Salomon Yellow 1080s : Rossignol Powair : Elan SCX : K2 Extremes (4 versions)

Buy some more Disney movies crybaby.

send it to me.

hookers and blow. DUH
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    hookers and blow. DUH
    ski trip plus ^^^

get your hummer back?

Loafers.

Take a long trip to somplace you've always wanted to go but never thought you could afford. Bring a camera.

Or put a grand in the bank for a rainy day and invest the rest in hookers and blow.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

buy gold.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Pay off your debt, take a vacation, and stash some for a rainy day. You're young. Odds are, you'll blow it soon enough.

Don't forget to pay Uncle Sam's share, too...

pay yourself back for the hundreds of lotto tickets it took to finally get a winner.

Buy some rims for that Hummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Good on ya, I hope you do something fun with the dough, but don't forget you'll likely owe somewhere around $1250 to mr. obama next April
    "Last one to the bottom is a Coward"

Set 2 grand aside for the TAXES you will owe at the end of the year

REALLY!
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

If you're wanting to do some rafting this summer you better get on it. Interviews are happening this month with the company I'm trying to get with. You'll need a pfd and helmet, and the training is like $450 or somewhere thereabouts. You'll also need to stash some money to live off of until you get enough river time to start guiding.

Or just spend it all on hookers and blow. It's what Jesus would do.
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    hookers and blow. DUH
    should have included this in the thread title. duh. I think i will blow a large portion of it on Jagermeister.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    get your hummer back?
    that tanker has sailed my friend. that was a dark time in my life and Id rather not have anthing from that era around to remind me of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Take a long trip to somplace you've always wanted to go but never thought you could afford. Bring a camera.

Or put a grand in the bank for a rainy day and invest the rest in hookers and blow.
    great ideas. Thnanks. Ive been thinking about a backpack trip in yurp and this could cover my flight plus some good times and a camera

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Odds are, you'll blow it soon enough.
    this is what i'm arfraid of. I havent even cashed the check yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    wat?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    pay yourself back for the hundreds of lotto tickets it took to finally get a winner.
    never really play aside from regular multistate lotto. won 5 on that and bought this scratch off ticket. i'm done with lotto for a long time. my good ju-ju has been used up.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Buy some rims for that Hummer.
    Hummer's gone dood, try and keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Capatain View Post
    Good on ya, I hope you do something fun with the dough, but don't forget you'll likely owe somewhere around $1250 to mr. obama next April
    UGH. reality has set in.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Set 2 grand aside for the TAXES you will owe at the end of the year

REALLY!
    Double turds.

Quote Originally Posted by flyandski365 View Post
    If you're wanting to do some rafting this summer you better get on it. Interviews are happening this month with the company I'm trying to get with. You'll need a pfd and helmet, and the training is like $450 or somewhere thereabouts. You'll also need to stash some money to live off of until you get enough river time to start guiding.

Or just spend it all on hookers and blow. It's what Jesus would do.
    i think you and i went to different churches growing up.

i'm researchin rafting outfitters now and hope to interview by the end of the month. thanks for the tips.
    i dont slay ur groomerz with teh steeze so dont carve corduroy in r park nOOb!

my arsenal !: 4FRNT CRJ : Armada Pipecleaners : Salomon 1080 Gun Lab : Rossignol Scratch FS : Salomon Yellow 1080s : Rossignol Powair : Elan SCX : K2 Extremes (4 versions)

Blow it all on a body kit for that Scion of yours. Best investment you could make.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by ski.stealer View Post
    Yes, if you don't slam yours to the ground, do this. It looks totally stable and I bet you'd get a lot of props in the parking lot.
    I still call it The Jake.

I'd buy a shit ton of tall poles and short tees, wait maybe I've got that backwards
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

If you have a loan for the Scion, put it towards that. Rocket science I know.
    I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

put it all on black, baby!! no, wait. red.

Dude! You should use that $5000 to open up a Roth IRA. As fate would have it, that's the max you can contribute in 2011. It's totally a sign...

Now, here's the important part: When you turn 60, withdraw the money and put all those tax-free earnings towards the most EPIC cruise ever! Bridge and [saggy] boobs. You'll thank me later.

Actually... wait... you're like 13, right? Never mind, I'll probably be dead.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard