Zipper Pull Separated from Zipper Slider?

Apologies in advance if I'm employing incorrect zipper terminology and/or if the answer to this is easily google-able (although some quick searches didn't yield anything useful), but on a Marmot jacket I tugged too hard on the zipper pull, which separated it from the slider. Upon close inspection, instead of some metal piece breaking, a kind of cowling (?) broke free from the zipper slider base, which left nothing to secure the pull:

Is this something I can repair/replace myself? Or take to a tailor? Or just pay the shipping to Marmot and have them fix it?

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Oh yes, and requisite attractive young female pictures. Here she is getting ready for a nordic ski outing on Friday morning:

Unfortunately on Monday afternoon, I tugged too hard on that old jacket (1980s!) in the previous picture, which was just the perfect size for fitting over both of us -- a zipper tooth is now missing, so the only way to fix that old jacket will be to replace the entire zipper length.
    Making a bad situation worse, I then grabbed the nice Marmot jacket thinking it might work for both of us, but, well, it didn't!
    Fortunately the gear damage is justified by her other attributes:

I would just send it to Marmot and have them deal with it. You could fix the existing zipper if you have a matching slider (it looks like part of the metal that holds the "cowling" has snapped off), it would involve undoing the stitches at the top of the zipper to replace the defective one. If you want to replace the entire zipper yourself, e-mail me with the length - I probably have a suitable YKK zipper sitting around (black only, though).

Cute little junebug you got there. I did a search and there is a cool looking widget called the zlideon. Here's a vid:

Although I like the longer vid from the manufacturer cuz the music is kickin:

Hillshire Farm is sexy

Grab both cheeks and sink your teeth into the ass of life.

Looks a little something like this:

Gots em on Amazon.com. $10 shipped.
    Hillshire Farm is sexy

Grab both cheeks and sink your teeth into the ass of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordyman View Post
    Looks a little something like this:

Gots em on Amazon.com. $10 shipped.
    Ooo These are nifty! I dig!