Dynafit Warranty Experience

Anybody have any experience warranty-ing broken bindings with Dynafit? Do they liberally warranty broken stuff? How fast is the turn around?

If you're curious, there apparently is a shitty plastic part underneath the heal holding the long screw that allows you to move the heal backwards or forwards. I broke that piece on Sunday during a pretty mellow powder day. I've never done anything but fairly mellow skiing on my Dynafits (no real hucks or aggro skiing). I bought my FT12s through the group buy here a few years back.

(Many thanks in advance. I searched but didn't find anything. If anyone knows of a relevant thread, point me there, and I'll happily delete this one.)

Contact Salewa-NA, shouldn't be an issue in terms of replacing that piece, and I have heard they are quick and responsive to such requests.

From Lou's site (I think this contact info is still valid):

The new Dynafit – aka Salewa North America (SNA, home of Dynafit, Silvretta and SALEWA), is up and running. Phone number is 303-444-0446 with a menu for customer service, etc. Email is custsvc@dynafit.us.
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Anybody have any experience warranty-ing broken bindings with Dynafit? Do they liberally warranty broken stuff? How fast is the turn around?

If you're curious, there apparently is a shitty plastic part underneath the heal holding the long screw that allows you to move the heal backwards or forwards. I broke that piece on Sunday during a pretty mellow powder day. I've never done anything but fairly mellow skiing on my Dynafits (no real hucks or aggro skiing). I bought my FT12s through the group buy here a few years back.

(Many thanks in advance. I searched but didn't find anything. If anyone knows of a relevant thread, point me there, and I'll happily delete this one.)

Contact Salewa North America located in CO. Turn around is usually fast in my experience..

Good luck.

I've ordered new toe levers and had them in hand within two days.

Edit to add- Even if they don't "warranty" the part it won't be very spendy. My buddy recently called them up and ordered toe levers and new baseplates for his comforts for a whopping 15 bucks.

My experience with Salewa NA/Dynafit has been good.

They replaced a broken Dynafit climbing skin with no problems.

Thanks all. I was worried I'd be out a BC set up for all of March. I didn't know about Salewa.

Salewa in Boulder rocks, they are all skiers and know your pain. Helps to take a digital picture of the problem and send it along with the e-mail so they are clear about which part(s) are needed.

Just had to log into this thread to point out that I've just had an exemplary experience with Saleway/Dynafit customer service. Their CS guy is a maggot, although he doesn't post a lot (Prodigy). My initial problem with some well-used Zzeus boots was addressed (the screws connecting the walk/ride mechanism to the shell were loose). When I had a slight issue with the returned boots, I got near-instant, and very satisfactory response. Count me as even more of a Dynafan than before.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

They replaced my broken volcano pronto. Thumbs up, but wouldn't mention the group buy....
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

FWIW, they got my piece to my local ski shop within a few days. They also sent a power plate to me personally pretty quickly.

My experience with John and Drew @ Salewa has been beyond amazing. Just jumping in here to say props and thanks to the Salewa NA crew.

^^ +1

They were super cool to me too. In fact I sent them pic's and they just sent me pieces to replace the volcano sign unseen. I think that is a cool way to run a company.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

I broke/cracked the volcano on my vertical ft12s. They sent me an entirely new heel binding after receiving the pics. Super cool to deal with.

Gotta add to the really good customer service of Dynafit products all around, the US rep pointed my brother in the right direction and told him to drop his name when talking to the mainoffice in Europe. Couple of weeks later the Stoke 182s with pulled out inserts were replaced by the Swedish rep, no questions asked.
    Although I must say I don't trust their skis anymore, after seeing 2 pairs rip out and hearing of a handfull more. Super stoked on my TLT5P though...

Replaced a Manaslu for me. I sent them a photo they sent me a new ski. No questions asked. I have to add. I am also happy with Scarpa. Leaving for a trip in a few days. Contacted Scarpa and they sent me enough replacement rivets to redo my Maestrales along with a tube of locktite. I think the internet has definitely improved customer service.
    off your knees Louie

Well this is a nice thread to find. I've got a problem with my dynafit FT12 toe pieces. In ski mode and standing on flat ground and irrespective of snow or ice, if I press down with just body weight on my toes the toe pins spread out. It's causing a pre-release situation and the only temporary solution is for me to ski with the skis locked out.

I thought it was a problem with an old pair of Scarpa Spirit 3 where the toe portion of the tech fittings rounded out. But now my replacement TLT5 seem to be starting to round out too. These bindings are the same age as AKbruin's. They're now 4 years old. This problem is on top of the volcano I broke last year that didn't really affect the performance of the binding.

Does anyone know if there's a possibility of repair in New Zealand? I suspect I'll have to wait until I return to California before repair.