messages not working?

if tried sending messages to multiple people but it never seems to work. i go to sent messages and it says i've sent 0 messages.

help please!

Maybe I'm a tool and have missed something, but my PM's aren't working either. Of course, I now have all of 2 posts so that might have something to do with it. Not to hijack, but is there some secret tenure/post-count required before PM's become available?

My guess is that the system recognizes that no one wants to hear from either of you
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

My question is why are 2 brand new members PMing anyone? And I answer with it is probably a waiting period to PM to block the PM spammers but I really have no idea. I got the ear of the devs, so I'll ask... Best I can do.
    I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

So like I thought there are new member groups that have limited access until a certain number of posts. Keep contributing and you can have all access like the rest of us. And quite honestly, such a junior member has 100% no reason to PM someone let alone multiple people.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gameface View Post
    And quite honestly, such a junior member has 100% no reason to PM someone let alone multiple people.
    < shrug > a number of now "respected" members started out buying/selling shit here. Which usually involves PMs

I didn't make the rules, I'm just reporting them. And if you want to buy from someone with 2 posts, be my guest, I'll stick to proven mags selling quality gear I can trust. I'd rather pay a 5-10% premium for someone I respect/trust. My $.02 about that angle.

gameface -> thanks for the heads up. I'm a long time lurker who recently registered in the hopes of buying and selling (in that order) some gear. Ultimately, if a guy can't contact others easily, that makes buying/selling things a bit challenging. Guess I'll start contributing elsewhere on the forums a bit, too...

My thoughts, exactly, arulataq. I never had cause to post anything or PM, but now that I would like to buy something, I find it frustrating that I can't PM. Ah well... guess we have to pay our dues first.

Quote Originally Posted by gtjay View Post
    My thoughts, exactly, arulataq. I never had cause to post anything or PM, but now that I would like to buy something, I find it frustrating that I can't PM. Ah well... guess we have to pay our dues first.
    It's the down side of the new anti-spam, that is working fairly amazingly well. Another unfortunate side effect is that folks can't post pics or links until they reach a similar threshold, but, instead of just editing the pics/links out, it 'moderate' or blocks the whole post. Mods can 'approve' them, but sometimes it's hard for them to get to them quickly enough.

Another communication option could be a post in the FS thread with your email, without making it a link. As in: buymyshit at gmail dot com...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's