Any changes in Rossi S7 188 between 10/11 and 11/12?

Sorry if this has been discussed, TGR doesn't let you search for a string as short as S7, and the TGR reviews under the "Ski Reviews Link" thread and Google didn't talk about it.

Are there any changes to the S7 for next season other than graphics? Some 11/12 are already available in retailers.

Also I read about durability issues with the Super 7. Are there any durability issues I should know about the 188cm S7?

188 is avail in regular and super (stiffer) versions for 11/12

green topsheet on the supers (195/188), black on the non (168,178,188)

no durability issues that I have seen.

Curious as to how much stiffer the Super7's are compared to the reg S7? Also how the Super7's ski compared to the S7's?

I was meaning to strike this conversation up. Just how stiff will the super 7 188 be, I'm looking to replace my motherships with something a touch softer (d-sender, katana, etc...) but still want something stiff.

it's been in shops for at least a month now, anyone been on the green/white topsheet ss7 188
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Yeah. The 11/12's don't have completely nauseating graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    I was meaning to strike this conversation up. Just how stiff will the super 7 188 be, I'm looking to replace my motherships with something a touch softer (d-sender, katana, etc...) but still want something stiff.

it's been in shops for at least a month now, anyone been on the green/white topsheet ss7 188
    own both 195 supers and 185 moships. supers are far from noodles but not nearly as beefcake as the moships. keep in mind they're not a good apples-apples because the taper and rocker on the S7 vs the more traditional camber profile on the moships amplifies the differences in the way the two skis flex.

FWIW, at SIA I hand flexed both the 188 S7 and Super 7. While I don't tend to put much stock in a hand flex, the S7 felt like a noodle, and the Super 7 by no means felt burly. I thought to myself that there was no way that I'd buy the S7 over the Super 7.

I'm 5'10," 185 lbs., and for reference, I'm a big fan of the MOMENT Bibby Pro and the DPS Wailer 112rp. I've also spent a good amount of time on the Rossignol S3 and like it alot, but definitely feel like the shovels are too soft when it gets steep and you've got to cut hard against the fall line.

On an unrelated note, the Blizzard Bodacious - now that damn thing is stiff, stiffest ski I flexed at SIA.

Quote Originally Posted by JFE24 View Post
    On an unrelated note, the Blizzard Bodacious - now that damn thing is stiff, stiffest ski I flexed at SIA.
    I always thought the 195 super 7 hand flexed very soft for a "stiff" ski.

Your comment on the Blizzard has me interested as I thought I read somewhere it was supposed to be relatively soft.

So many bindings to mount and so many good skis for next year. Too bad I can only get away with one new ski.

I agree with you, Klauss, about the 195cm Super 7.

And trust me on the Blizzard Bodacious - at least the 2 pairs they had on display at SIA were STIFF. I'm hoping to get on the Bodacious in the next couple of weeks, but for those of you looking for a stiff pair of planks, the Bodacious should be checked out for sure.

Yeah the bodacious at ispo were stiff.... And heavy

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    I always thought the 195 super 7 hand flexed very soft for a "stiff" ski.

Your comment on the Blizzard has me interested as I thought I read somewhere it was supposed to be relatively soft.

So many bindings to mount and so many good skis for next year. Too bad I can only get away with one new ski.
    You should go hand fuck what is likely going to be the new C&D.
    Training for Alpental

I hand flexed the 11/12 S7 (188), Super 7 (188s and 195s) last weekend and to be honest hardly noticed a difference between the two 188s. The Super 7 does have much more rebound and pop (metal obviously) but I didn't think it was stiffer at all. The 195 is a totally different ski, much stiffer in the hand flex test. The 188 Super 7 will definitely be a more capable ski, but I honestly thought it was going to be stiffer than it is. My 186 Billy Goats hand flex much stiffer.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    You should go hand fuck what is likely going to be the new C&D.
    I've only had 4 days on mine but I can easily say they are the best soft snow ski I have ever been on in my life. I love them so much.

Both 186 and 191 Billy Goat are stiffer then 195 super7. 186 BG seems to be about on par with a super7 in terms of size, just stiffer, burlier and over all more awesome . Have not skied the bodacious yet, but I was told that the Bodacious is significantly stiffer then the Cochise, which is awesome, and a bit stiffer then the super7.

*edit: the 195 s7, typo was 191. other sizes are accurate.
    Last edited by XavierD; 02-28-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Both 186 and 191 Billy Goat are stiffer then 191 super7.
    191 billy goat? I guess I know what I want to be on next year now.

Are you guys hand flexing the skin with just the tip sitting on the ground? because if so it's not going to tell you a whole lot about the stiffness of the ski.

When you hand flex the middle of the ski (the contact patch when actually skiing) the skis are actually decently stiff (though nothing compared to say, a Squad).

ditto to above. I've got 10/11 S7's 188 and they feel like a noodle if you try to hand flex while resting the tail on the ground (especially if you're holding the tip). The cambered section underfoot is way stiffer and its noticeable while skiing.

Wren: this is possibly why you didn't notice any difference b/w the super7 188 and reg 188

Yeah the hand flex doesn't tell the whole story as the super 7 is decently stiff under foot, but the tips and tails are too floppy for my liking. I can see why some like that though for various purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo12 View Post
    ditto to above. I've got 10/11 S7's 188 and they feel like a noodle if you try to hand flex while resting the tail on the ground (especially if you're holding the tip). The cambered section underfoot is way stiffer and its noticeable while skiing.

Wren: this is possibly why you didn't notice any difference b/w the super7 188 and reg 188
    No, I flexed the midsection of the ski and didn't really notice much difference. I don't doubt that there is one, you can clearly see and feel the titanium in the rebound, but the unscientific hand-flex didn't show me it. Flexing the 195 was noticeably stiffer. I haven't skied the new Super 7 (or this year 195) but I found the regular 188 S7 soft, especially the floppy tips. I can see why many people would like this though as they are forgiving and ski really quickly in the trees but I found I had no confidence on them in any sort of crud or going quickly. I like a stiffer ski though and I guess I just thought the 188 Super 7 would be as stiff as the 195.

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    No, I flexed the midsection of the ski and didn't really notice much difference. I don't doubt that there is one, you can clearly see and feel the titanium in the rebound, but the unscientific hand-flex didn't show me it. Flexing the 195 was noticeably stiffer.
    I felt the same way. After skiing my 105s most of the season, my 188 S7s now feel way short and soft. I hand flexed the 188/195 super 7s, and decided that some BGs may be in my future . Just too soft for my liking on all but the softest and deepest days, but I'll probably ski the supers and see how they feel anyways.