Page 550 of 820 FirstFirst ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 ... LastLast
Results 13,726 to 13,750 of 20483
    Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    you might rather safe your money and opt here and there for the further western parts and southern expedtion. area is small but usually has more snow in a standard nw-winter.

and btw: check the forests! since a couple of years its totally forbidden to ride them in Vorarlberg. in some areas there are controls. what i've heard, fines start from 50.- on, depending on you bargaining skills and nationality and your ability to speak the dialect.

and give a shout as soon as you've found the mighty Arlberg. people are still searching this special mountain.
    Cheers, good to know!! Still struggling with Tirolerisch sometimes, so bargaining in Vorarlberg dialect might be... interesting!

Haha, the mighty Arlberg; the Holy Grail of Austrian skiing... I'll let you know!

I paid 450 a month for the maiensäß... Granted, that did not include a shower or hot water, just a wood stove and power, so i just had sponge baths most of the season. Damn, I'd go back to that in a heartbeat if i had the chance though! Enjoy your season there, especially the silbertal and that area out back, Ive had lots of good days there....

Anyone have experience on flying from Europe to Alaska? I'm looking at spending a couple of months in Cham next year followed by a couple of weeks in AK - I trying to work out the cheapest / least hassle free options. Any advice would be appreciated!

I flew from athens to kodiak a few years ago for I think 1000 bucks one way,, spent the winter skiing n the alps then a few weeks in the greek islands before heading to ak to work....it was a long 4 flights. I just did a search on kayak and a one way from gva to anc on march 3rd is1506 bucks.. good luck

Yeah - looks pretty pricey. Iceland Air have an option which is relatively hassle free and comes in a fair bit cheaper.

Belated Season edit...some powder footages shot in France and Switzerland.
    Looking forward for the next season!

Last edited by WaistDeepGroomers; 09-09-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCIS View Post
    Belated Season edit...some powder footages shot in France and Switzerland.
    Looking forward for the next season!

Hey Socis, just made an edit to your post so the video actually shows in the post. You can do this with Vimeo or Youtube by using the BB code:

[*video=vimeo;VIMEO VIDEO #]VIMEO VIDEO URL[/video] (take out the * , just did that so it would actually show the code.

Looks the same for Youtube, or you can use the new media insert tool on your toolbar (the film reel-looking thing) and just throw in the URL and it'll do the BB code for you. Cheers!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post

[*video=vimeo;VIMEO VIDEO #]VIMEO VIDEO URL[/video] (take out the * , just did that so it would actually show the code.

Looks the same for Youtube, or you can use the new media insert tool on your toolbar (the film reel-looking thing) and just throw in the URL and it'll do the BB code for you. Cheers!
    thanks mr dunfee. How about tgr changes that to make it easier. all those idiots, like myself, would share more stuff. maybe.

btw, in fact. i am only here cause i thought i could find some leftover cookies.
    and i wanted to share a picture. doesnt seem like i am intelligent enough for this task anymore (no, i am to lazy for touching some beginners html code). so here is the link. copy and paste it or not.
    https://scontent-b-vie.xx.fbcdn.net/...53300318_o.jpg

yes, i do not want to upload it for the tgr media house.
    Last edited by Marius; 09-11-2014 at 01:21 PM. Reason: uh! at least the link linked automatically. welcome back to 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    thanks mr dunfee. How about tgr changes that to make it easier. all those idiots, like myself, would share more stuff. maybe.

btw, in fact. i am only here cause i thought i could find some leftover cookies.
    and i wanted to share a picture. doesnt seem like i am intelligent enough for this task anymore (no, i am to lazy for touching some beginners html code). so here is the link. copy and paste it or not.

yes, i do not want to upload it for the tgr media house.
    FIFY
    But there's something wrong with me because I can't see SOCIS stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Hey Socis, just made an edit to your post so the video actually shows in the post. You can do this with Vimeo or Youtube by using the BB code:

M Dunfee?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Stubai opened today, and actually skied surprisingly well! Ok limited terrain open, but there were only about 10 people up there and the 10cms of dense new snow on a smooth base was actually pretty nice. Nothing epic, but plenty of untracked just off the edges of the pistes. This summer's been mostly pretty good and I haven't reall been in a rush for winter, but today reminded me just how fucking JOYFUL sliding on snow can be.

The glaciers seem to have really been hit hard this year though, crevasses are gaping wide in places where they haven't been visible at this time of year in at least in the last three years, and there're even more rocks about than usual too. Play safe!

About time!!!

cham pass prices came out today.......... 1070 euro

Quote Originally Posted by whitekingsalmon View Post
    cham pass prices came out today.......... 1070 euro
    Don't buy Le Pass. And don't pay full price. It's €910 for the early public MBU pass.

yes I know.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonbum1 View Post
    Anyone have experience on flying from Europe to Alaska? I'm looking at spending a couple of months in Cham next year followed by a couple of weeks in AK - I trying to work out the cheapest / least hassle free options. Any advice would be appreciated!
    I've had good experiences booking round-the-world fares to do similar trips from the southern hemisphere to Europe then on to US/Canada and back. Assuming this is your plan. Otherwise I found there are plenty of options from MUC/GVA to get to AK, use kayak to check. You'll be changing planes a couple of times, but that's hard to avoid.

Anybody have a line on a room to rent in verbier or le chable? For the season or year.

Know of any good resources for looking?

Posted here and not in gear swap as I am Europe based.

Just moved to London and in the process of refreshing my quiver, so I am selling two pairs of skis.

K2 Coomback with Fritschi Diamir Freeride pro bindings plus ski crampons. 174 length, but in reality close to 180 (K2 were always selling their skis short Very Happy). Skied for four seasons, mostly offpiste. In good condition and a very reliable ski that does well in all conditions off piste. I can service them before the sale if you want me to. It is an excellent option if you want to get into short tours.

Original specs: http://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/k2-coomback-2011.aspx

Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/1135101...131/K2Coomback

Price 260 pounds or best offer (skis + bindings + crampons)

Praxis Yeti 184, no bindings. Skied for one week, but has a small defect (a tiny piece of the edge missing on the tail...). We didn't click well - it's a good ski, light enough for touring. No sign of the edge coming off or anything. Drilled once for Dynafit Radical FT.

Original specs here: http://www.praxisskis.com/products/y...d-edition.html

Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/1135101...131/PraxisYeti

100 pounds or best offer.

Please send me a message with any questions, offers, etc.
    The beatings will continue until morale will improve.

OK Work has stopped being fun, time for a well deserved break. Will most likely ski the season without working...much

If anyone is around the Arlberg this season and wants to come play, I hate skiing alone so always on the lookout for ski buddies... just give me a shout!

Alkares I've still got all your gear so you don't really have a choice ;-)

Coldwater Don't worry buddy will definitely be in the Montafon at some point.... you know if Sonnenkopf is on your pass?

Pretty sure it isn't, unless I get the IBK Freizeitticket too (then I'd get 3 days in the Arlberg + 3 in Ischgl as well as the IBK resorts).

yep yep
    Last edited by Tryingtostaywarm; 04-07-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Kaunertal last week
    DSCF2840 by klar01, on Flickr

Dachstein xc people today
    DSCF2998 by klar01, on Flickr

sort of skiing yesterday and today
    DSCF2923 by klar01, on Flickr
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

It seems like you northern hemisphere pictures have the same amount of winter as your southern hemisphere pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnappi View Post
    It seems like you northern hemisphere pictures have the same amount of winter as your southern hemisphere pictures.
    krk krk krk.
    that's what happes if you ski in summer
    well technically it's "their" winter in SA, but Ullr is a nordic God and a vengeful maiden all in one.

edit: I'll be at the higher screening in Zürich on the 24th. greg may, will, or might be there as well. I have bought the party combo tickets, so I#ll be in da club laterz. Instagramming my youthful experience
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

yeah well, at least I skied to work! Also, autumn is pretty.

DSCF2976 by klar01, on Flickr

DSCF2993 by klar01, on Flickr

DSCF2956bw by klar01, on Flickr
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.