Page 480 of 822 FirstFirst ... 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 ... LastLast
Results 11,976 to 12,000 of 20535
    Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    James Bond track back to town I take it? All good? The hike up to the hut must have been a bitch.
    James Bond shut but luckily a few had done poubelle the day before and had made the track in the rotten waist deep snow for us, props to them who ever they are!
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

Quote Originally Posted by ulty_guy View Post
    James Bond shut but luckily a few had done poubelle the day before and had made the track in the rotten waist deep snow for us, props to them who ever they are!
    What does "shut" mean? You can always stumble down it....

Yes, but we didn't feel like waiting around for the train and the ski is easier from lower.
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

I think you're talking about the same place. The 4x4 track down from the buvet is known, amongst the anglophones at least, as the "James Bond" track. So I'm guessing the wade up is brutal, but much less brutal now than it was for the 1st guys...
    Rumour is the gondola up to the Montenvers railway will open on 26th, but no idea what the basis is for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    I'm heading to Suedtirol on Wednesday. Does anyone know just how thin it is around those parts?
    actually not too bad. depends on where exactly, but ortler region is quite ok, dolomites look good. alpine main ridge is, hm, thin, as usual.

freak~[&]

ps. merry christmas euros! hope you have some good days, despite the heat!

12 degrees at 2000m today in the Silvretta, I'm having flashbacks from 2 years ago.... Looking at the data from the last 3 days, it looks like we've been losing about 10-15cm a day, if it keeps this up we will be in dire straights soon..... Pray for snow!

Merry Christmas Euros! Say, are we going to get some snow now this week or is this just all deceptive advertising? If so, is western CH the place to go?
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Euro mags!

Flying into Milano tomorrow, have hired a car and willing to drive 4-5 hours if needed to find fresh snow. We are staying until Jan 4th and we are looking for mostly lift served off-piste.

What looks like the best place to go atm? Western Alps, Austria? Help a brother out!

For what i've seen 4 days ago, cham and near by got most so far

Quote Originally Posted by freak View Post
    actually not too bad. depends on where exactly, but ortler region is quite ok, dolomites look good. alpine main ridge is, hm, thin, as usual.

freak~[&]

ps. merry christmas euros! hope you have some good days, despite the heat!
    Good to know. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures from the Dolomites in the coming week.

Merry Christmas Euros.

Wasn't bad in the davos area last week. Not super deep either.

Franz, are you in europe this year?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Franz, are you in europe this year?
    Yes, until January 3!
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

I'm headed to Modane on Friday, any highlights in the area? Have a car so happy to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by scotia View Post
    I'm headed to Modane on Friday, any highlights in the area? Have a car so happy to travel.
    Not sure if you're aware of it or not, but 10km west of Modane, in Orelle, on a nice day, you can jump on the 3 Valleys Express and be in Val Thorens in a few minutes. I wouldn't depend on it on a bad weather day, vis and wind up top can get pretty bad. YMMV

Val Frejus ain't bad either, through the tunnel is Bardonecchia and Italians usually don't wander off the piste much.

Thanks both, will be sure to check out Val Frejus and Bardonecchia. Was thinking about heading over to VT if the freezing level gets up as much as it looks like it could.

Many lifts closed for wind today in verb. Snowline btw 1300 and 1700, but the snow is very heavy...

scotia Second vote for ValFrejus - some fun stuff to do under the top chair & lots to go exploring lower down depending on what the 0 Iso does over the next few days. Bit more of a drive but Bonneval up the end of the valley has some good stuff - comes with a health warning though as it is also known for big slides.... worth going on a 'calm' day

Hey,

I'll be in Switzerland Jan 2-9 if anyone wants to meet up to shred. Have a couple days planned in St. Moritz at the front end but unsure of what to do after. Let me know if you want to meet up / share room&board / head out into the backcountry. Just PM or email daan.stevenson@gmail.com.

Cheers

T-15 minutes....psyched for weekend freshies with the hollidaymakers....post up some stoke!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    Many lifts closed for wind today in verb. Snowline btw 1300 and 1700, but the snow is very heavy...
    Any word on what happened to the Plan De Fou double out of Siviez? I heard a chair slid, but haven't heard any confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpturn View Post
    T-15 minutes....psyched for weekend freshies with the hollidaymakers....post up some stoke!!!!!!!!
    IN4 the epic inspiration thread!

Quote Originally Posted by rrmiller View Post
    Any word on what happened to the Plan De Fou double out of Siviez? I heard a chair slid, but haven't heard any confirmation.
    Sorry I dunno, but I know there was some sweet pow in the trees today

That other place in the SSB area sucked. Ripz getting some afternoon mank. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1356727271.986570.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	128936

PS: V61. The detune is key. Got the same feedback from Rudy B in Cour. Solved for the hard stuff after a better less aggressive tune.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS