Page 557 of 821 FirstFirst ... 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 ... LastLast
Results 13,901 to 13,925 of 20508
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnappi View Post
    You know there won't be lifts running until Saturday, right?
    Hmm that matters to me, I have to rent some equipment this time. Time to start checking what I can borrow from friends.

Anybody Looking for roommates in Geneva?

Moving there in February and not trying to live with some kooks!

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    acutally I'm still considering to go on saturday because the air is extremely dry. anythig except straight south facing stuff should stay powdery. sublimation is your friend the radiation is like mid late january....
    I'd also like to go bouldering though. tough choices.
    and I did both. Amat was the tits on Sat. Stable and deep. awesome lines were skied.
    Today I sucked at bouldering. No body tension..... skiing akes its toll.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

For Zermatt bound maggots, Yosemite was doing a freeride ski test just outside Trockener Steg for free this past weekend (you just need to give them an i.d. and fill out a form). They had DPS, Black Crows, and a few K2 models. Guys were very friendly and didn't even give me sh!t for bringing back a ski w/ a bit of a scratch on the base. Not sure how much longer they'll be doing it, maybe contact their store for more info.
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

Aw yeah. About time.
    IMG_5436 by klar01, on Flickr

IMG_5475 by klar01, on Flickr

Recently got back from work trip to nepal, pics in link in signature if anyone is interested.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

sort of spam, but since I am euro based this is a better place to advertise.
    184 cm long, full specs here: http://k2skis.com/skis/coomback-104

300 pounds - they are brand new, untouched, still wrapped in plastic

pm for details please
    The beatings will continue until morale will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by irbis View Post
    300 pounds - they are brand new, untouched, still wrapped in plastic

pm for details please
    that's a bit heavy for a powder ski, don't you thinK?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Lead, it's the new carbon.
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

my approach to powder skiing is being under it, not floating on it they call me the U Boat

Will be at Sölden from tomorrow till the Sundayish...snow probably sucks but skiing is skiing.

I am going to fly to Geneva this weekend for what was supposed to be two days of skiing in Verbier. Verbier has no snow at the moment, so I will probably be in Cervinia for one day and was wondering what the conditions are in Chamonix at the moment, since being there on Sunday would simplify my logistics on the way back to the Geneva airport on Sunday night. Thanks for your help.

Damn.

Tickets bought. First week of jan roadtripping towards cham from the north, then the gressoney for the 2nd week and rest of the month in cham. February in Cote d azur by the sea and dicking around the dark underbelly of the alps, the alpes maritimes.

So, if any one of you geezers happen to have free time, are bored or are up to some meadow skipping, let me know. Aint doing any broh-Brah stuff, will eat a lot of raclette and will contemplate a lot about extentialism (and a bit about the tech bindings). Would be nice to see some mags again so give a holler if you happen to be around.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

So Euros, the question is.... Where is the snow? Pretty much every webcam I've looked at looks terrible.... The Arlberg and Montafon look also insanely dry, and Montafon is claiming they're going to open on the 8th.... LOL

Anyone been in the south? Things looking better over there, or not? Looks like Norway has had the most proper start to the winter out of anywhere in Europe, but unforunately its a bit far....

Engadin isn't bad at all...

Quote Originally Posted by irbis View Post
    I am going to fly to Geneva this weekend for what was supposed to be two days of skiing in Verbier. Verbier has no snow at the moment, so I will probably be in Cervinia for one day and was wondering what the conditions are in Chamonix at the moment, since being there on Sunday would simplify my logistics on the way back to the Geneva airport on Sunday night. Thanks for your help.
    Yo,

I'm not in Cham at the moment, so please don't take anything I say here as gospel, but my Facepage is being plastered with pictures of people skiing the Tour Ronde, both the east face and the Gervasutti Couloir (which looked in surprisingly good condition, to be honest... much more filled in already than last winter!). They are getting there from the Italian side, as the Midi is closed at the moment, and there is no way in hell the Vallee Blanche is covered enough for an easy descent back to Montenvers, so they'll all be touring back up to the lift and downloading back to Palud. Great training for later on the winter, probably not what you are after for just a quick weekend!
    (edit - check out Killian Jornet's twitter feed for pictures from the Gervasutti yesterday: https://twitter.com/kilianj )

I know that Courmayeur usually opens on the 6th, but it has now been put back to the 13th because of no snow.

I can't help with any of the other lifts in the area, sorry. I don't get back into the valley for another six days.
    Short stories about snow and rock, and pictures, too

thanks Peds, appreciated!

No problem dude! Hope you have a blast wherever you end up, but if it sways your decision at all, I think some of my friends back in the valley are headed to the indoor climbing wall across the border in Switzerland this weekend...

The view from Munich is looking dry, warm, and sad. Indoor bouldering for me too until something starts falling...

Whereas I am down in Dorset, UK, where there is even less snow, and I'm about to run a 72km ultramarathon. I don't even like running, but it's a good way to get fit for touring in the winter I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Damn.

Tickets bought. First week of jan roadtripping towards cham from the north, then the gressoney for the 2nd week and rest of the month in cham. February in Cote d azur by the sea and dicking around the dark underbelly of the alps, the alpes maritimes.

So, if any one of you geezers happen to have free time, are bored or are up to some meadow skipping, let me know. Aint doing any broh-Brah stuff, will eat a lot of raclette and will contemplate a lot about extentialism (and a bit about the tech bindings). Would be nice to see some mags again so give a holler if you happen to be around.
    I'm in Gap, Hautes-Alpes, if you want to ski in this area (south alps in general, not very big, alpes maritimes are not far), let me know !

Quote Originally Posted by peds View Post
    Whereas I am down in Dorset, UK, where there is even less snow, and I'm about to run a 72km ultramarathon.
    You're a sick person.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

Quote Originally Posted by powtario View Post
    You're a sick person.
    I know, pretty strange way to pass the time really, but I'm not as weird as some of the monsters out there. Running up and down Mont Blanc in four hours? Ridiculous.

As soon as I'm fit enough, believe me, I'm hanging up my running shoes.

Anybody want to get together to ski next week? I'll be in Stubai/Pitztale this weekend and looking to anywhere where there is snow during the week. I'm on holiday so not much else to do but drive around and ski. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by KillaWhale View Post
    I'm in Gap, Hautes-Alpes, if you want to ski in this area (south alps in general, not very big, alpes maritimes are not far), let me know !
    Roger! Will be based in cham for jan and Cap Estrel for february, Dont know anything about the skiing in alpes maritimes so it will be interesting to
    check out some new places like Isola, Val Pelens and...well...I dont know!
    Feel free to post some snapshots or beta about the snow situation, cant find that much info about the local scene from the interwebs.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Roger! Will be based in cham for jan and Cap Estrel for february, Dont know anything about the skiing in alpes maritimes so it will be interesting to
    check out some new places like Isola, Val Pelens and...well...I dont know!
    Feel free to post some snapshots or beta about the snow situation, cant find that much info about the local scene from the interwebs.
    I will, but for now it's sad... No snow under 2300m... But I don't lose hope and I think in february it will be full of snow. I'm near resorts like Orcières-Merlette, les Orres, and a few little things unknown but very good, and a little farther we have Montgenevre (1h30 by car), Serre-Chevalier, la Grave, Vars...

I'll post as soon as I have something interesting :-) See you !