Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cant upload pictures

Can't upload pictures....the uploader opens, I go to select files. for some reason all the font shows up in white (so you can see it unless you highlight it) and the selected photo never uploads....what is going on?

cue a bunch of people uploading a head slapping picture that says FAIL or something.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

This new uploader is G-A-Y

You've made it sooooo complicated and retarded its ridiculous. WTF mate? Fix that shit

I can't get it to work. I attach the photo, I see it in the Manage Attachments, I click on the link, and I get: Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

It says this in the message box: [ATTACH=CONFIG] 111696 [/ATTACH] (I added spaces) and this is what it does:

eta- I can only right click to see te big image after I've posted, it's not coming up in the preview. So I click on that and I get http://stk.tetongravity.com/forums/a...6&d=1331005732 but it's not a jpg. ?

eata- okay I'm getting somewhere. not sure how to get rid of the attachment but whatever.

maybe a photo posting sticky would be nice, there's a bunch of random threads asking the same thing with various instructions. I'm not even sure how to replicate what I just did.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3949.jpg 
Views:	474 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	111696  

Testing photo uploading here in netherland so I don't fuck up a post where I want to attach the photo. Same problem as poster above

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00927.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	117134

Okay, was able to update photo, even though there is no indication of ability when previewing. Next question, how to make photo full size when it appears on post?
    Last edited by dump; 06-07-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Testing advice below

Quote Originally Posted by dump View Post
    Next question, how to make photo full size when it appears on post?
    there used to be a workaround, kind of a pain, but if you click on the pic so it goes full size, then copy that URL, and paste it into a photo upload from URL box, it would work. Let's find out...

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Thanks Tye, it worked. Nothing wrong with a little redundancy with this photo.

i would learn if i was posting good photos like norway girl

I can attach pics in this thread, but they never seem to work anywhere else. I also can't see half the pics other people have attached. I'm leaving these here cause I'm using them in another thread.

Name:	Chorizo.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	117216   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tortilla.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	117217  
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by Maker View Post
    Can't upload pictures....the uploader opens, I go to select files. for some reason all the font shows up in white (so you can see it unless you highlight it) and the selected photo never uploads....what is going on?

cue a bunch of people uploading a head slapping picture that says FAIL or something.
    I would, but I am completely unable to post pictures regardless of the source.

HEY TGR, WHY DON'T YOU FIX THIS? Please. It's obviously not a new problem, it's been going on for months now. It makes the site much less interesting for us to see all the lines of script instead of pics, and it really hampers my razor wit, and ability to bring the funny. Since I can't post a pic of a head slap I'll just use script:

EPIC FAIL!!!
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

test

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    hmmmm...
    I'm not saying that you can't post them, I'm saying that I can't, and obviously I'm not the only one as there are plenty of lines of script instead of pics all over the forums.

I've tried the work around, and it didn't work, but why would there be any need for a work around if the thing wasn't fucked up to start with.

All I want is some real information about what it might be with my machine that I can change so that it will work. I want to be happy instead of bitchy.

Of course now that I'm actually posting about it, it'll probably magically work, let me try it out.

Name:	1084-1383-large.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	117893
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

yeah, hear that, have sent this thread to the webgurus, it's way over my head...

so you can't upload pics from your computer or link to images from another website?

OK, now the URL thing works (at least it did that time) I suppose I'll try something from my computer.

Name:	brightclimb.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	499.1 KB 
ID:	117894

Now to try making it bigger. Fail.

I tried copy/pasting the url after clicking on the thumbnail, and got a message box that said "error invalid file".

I haven't been even trying pics for the last week, after trying all of this repeatedly until I was ready to hit my machine with a hammer (I had a funny joke photo that missed it's optimum comedic timing so I went from laughing at the thought to cursing frustration in short order). Today I'm cranky so I decided to complain, and now it sort of works. WTF! I'm not much of a computer geek, so I'm at the mercy of the cyber gods and gremlins.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I can attach pics in this thread, but they never seem to work anywhere else. I also can't see half the pics other people have attached. I'm leaving these here cause I'm using them in another thread.
    THIS! ^^^^^^^

doughboyshredder Guest
    I just tried to attach some pics, and it's not working for me either.

Name:	060.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	117947  

doughboyshredder Guest
    But it is working in this thread???????

Nice dog but I like the norway chic with the tight box.

When I click on manage attachments the blue box opens and just stays blank, been about two weeks. I can't get to the page with all the pics I have uploaded before.

Test 1..2..

Name:	DSC_2240.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	119678

Test

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1345853012.073201.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	227.0 KB 
ID:	119712
    #HughConwayMatters

Seem to be working?

I tried a test outside of this thread.

Name:	frostyrctoosmall.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	119727
    Last edited by Rasputin; 08-24-2012 at 11:46 PM.

Name:	IMG00033-20120519-0708 (2).jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	120449

More dog stoke.

test post!!!