Why is new forum SO slow to load each page?

Seems like it takes about 10-15 seconds after each page loads before it becomes "live" and you can click on a link or scroll down. Maybe it's waiting for a banner ad to load or something, and that's holding up the show?

Pretty much renders DSL speeds pointless...was never a fan of 56k either. I find myself with two browsers open, so I have something to do while waiting for TGR pages to load.

Thanks for listening.

I keep hearing this, but I am unaffected. Pages load in the standard 2-5 seconds.

I am also running Google Chrome with Adblock which is noticeably faster than Firefox with Adblocker...
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Yeah, looks like it's the ads freezing the pages while they load, average is about 30 seconds per page but some ads take as long as TWO MINUTES...and it's just as bad on my Motorola Droid.

I'm having this same issue too. ONly since the new site has been rolled out.
    I still call it The Jake.

It takes me well over a minute just to log in. Meantime I get a "system not responding" message on my computer.
    Sometimes pride comes after a fall.

mine's not as bad as 30 seconds, but its a lot slower than the old site. Similar problem - I get way more pages that randomly take forever to load (I click on the link and nothing happens for ~ 1 minute). There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when / which pages take forever.

Still taking a long time for pages to load for me today. The longest is bringing up the forums index page when I first get to TGR. After that it's a little bit better navigating page to page.

New issue though: pictures in threads are getting cut off on the right side. Not sure why, but I'm not even getting a horizontal scroll bar. Anyone else have this issue?
    I still call it The Jake.

N w I c n t s e a l t e l t e s.
    Sometimes pride comes after a fall.

Firefox with Adblock Plus = MUCH FASTER loading, there is a god...

Sorry TGR, I don't mind helping pay the bills with banner ad impressions, but not if it means waiting up to two minutes per page. You guys need to dump advertisers with slow ad servers, which are only going to hurt visitor count eventually. It's not worth ruining the visitor experience.

I'm having the same issue since the site was changed. The forum home page takes a solid 30 seconds which is completely ridiculous.

Me too. Hate the new format. Makes it twice as hard to even be on here at all. I mean, fucking EPIC switched over, has assloads more content on each page and still works quickly. How TGR could go through all the trouble of upgrading, not really add much and totally goatfuck the load speed is beyond me, but I'm an interwebz r'tard so maybe I'm missing something.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Me too. Hate the new format. Makes it twice as hard to even be on here at all. I mean, fucking EPIC switched over, has assloads more content on each page and still works quickly. How TGR could go through all the trouble of upgrading, not really add much and totally goatfuck the load speed is beyond me, but I'm an interwebz r'tard so maybe I'm missing something.
    Seconded!

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Yeah - all that and Splat is a moderator.

This place is really GOIN' DOWN THA SHITTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.