Obtaining a commercial permit to operate in a national park....

Was wondering if anyone in the maggot collective had any experience obtaining a commercial license to operate within a national park? What sorts of things are asked of you, and how long does the process take? Any suggestions in how to approach? How much does this sort of thing cost, % of gross revenue quarterly billing, or yearly payment?

Thinking about making a go of it on my own next summer, but kinda need the permit to do so, as in, no business without it and I stay in an office all winter long.
    Live Free or Die

Are there even permits available in your target area, or have they all been currently allocated?

Paging TYO...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

That is a perfect example of what Im not super sure on. It could very well be possible. I'm about a step ahead of the initial daydream, so I don't have to many answers. Not sure if would help or not, but its a unique service that currently isn't available. I can see that being a blessing or a curse.

I did find this article online, but its not explicitly clear on whether it applies just to Big Bear or to the park system as a whole, but some good info anyways.

http://www.lb9.uscourts.gov/webcites...iver_works.pdf
    Live Free or Die

Its a process, your biggest hang up is going to be insurance. My advise would be to talk to the park permit person directly, that is in the park you specifically want to operate in, as oppose to just looking online. Eventually you are going to get to know the person who approves your permit so you might as well start in the very beginning. Also a big help is to get to be friends with other guides in the same park who already have gone through the process and can offer advise...this is tricky since you are going to be in competition with them, however, guides are generally cool people, and you may end up getting your start guiding for them in the beginning and helping each other out in the long run.
    Not doing my job right now

pm me. It's, errrrrr, sorta what i do.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's