Sox fans - hide the Patron!

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Co...9p.vmedium.jpg

Looks like the buffet table in the clubhouse is gonna have to get bigger.

The Associated Press
    Updated: 3:19 a.m. ET Dec. 13, 2004

ANAHEIM, Calif. - Boston’s Animal House has found its Bluto.

The Red Sox reached agreement with volatile lefty David Wells on Saturday to bolster the rotation and join the frat house full of “idiots” who rebelled against baseball tradition and won the team’s first World Series title since 1918.

Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein said the team won’t comment on any deals until the players pass their physicals. But a baseball source, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press that the 41-year-old Wells will get $8 million guaranteed over two years with incentives that could bring it up to $18 million.

Wells gets a $3 million signing bonus and a salary of $2.5 million a year. In addition, he would earn $200,000 per start from 11-20 and $300,000 per start from 21-30.

Wells missed three starts in late May and early June after tripping over a bar stool at home, knocking a bottle of wine onto the floor and landing on it and a glass he was holding. He severed a tendon in his right wrist, requiring surgery, and cut his left palm.

hehehe...41, and still fat. But rich.

Seems like a perfect fit for the Sox.

I haven't been paying attention since he left the Yankees. How did he fare in the NL the last season(s)?

I'll say this for him... he knows how to work those incentive clauses.
    You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness, and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious Mo-Fo
    How did he fare in the NL the last season(s)?
    well enough to have the world series champs come knockin'
    fine

i googled david wells for funny pictures.

look what i found. its more scary than funny.

http://dreamgate.hypermart.net/ed-covers/ed6-12cov.jpg

you gotta get a whelk in there...
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

a virtual plethora of spiritual iconography. and yet, still room for a bukkake spewing mollusk. amazing.

isn't the egyptian fertility babe that's signalling that the kick of rainbowhead between the shoulderblades of the guy making out with himself was good spewing bukkake from her knees? or am i misinterpreting that?

i think that interpretation can be proved as valid.

to my way of thinking the knees often are a source of pain, and inspire bukkake like wrath. however in all my years as an iconography expert i have never seen bukkake portrayed as ice blue in hue. generaly, in southeast asia and inner mongolia it apears more organic in coleration.

an interesting take on the imagery, young bill.

Quote Originally Posted by basom
    i have never seen bukkake portrayed as ice blue in hue.
    well, you have to figure most bukkake to be 'hot' bukkake.

in the world of outer space: cooler stars are reddish in color, moderately temperatured stars, such as our sun, are yellow, and the hottest stars are blue.

i figure, bukkake spewed forth from a fertility goddess would be pretty damn hot. so hot, it could be blue like a really hot star, even.
    Last edited by mildbill.; 12-13-2004 at 12:25 PM. Reason: verb tenses is the same

to my way of thinking i like your thinking

Hey, look what I found

http://www.usmonoski.org/094e8eb0.jpg
    USMA Founder David Wells at Jackson Hole

Photo by Elisa Wells, 2002

Was trying to find that cover of SI with Big Daves big stomach on it that stopped him talking to that mag.

blue-hot-bukkake-whelk-spew. i found my next halloween costume!

basom, you wanna do the binder-bendy wednesday night?
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

sure. it might have to be a late evening session. i have to gym it up first. but we will make it work. i think i can them mount them on thursday. provided the binders don't kill me first.

Just heard Pedro may have accepted an offer from the Mets earlier today.
    At least he got his respect right
    Why would anyone want to leave a championship team to play for a sub-par organization?

Sugarloaf was good this past weekend. 6+ Friday night which made for a great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by norest
    :
    Why would anyone want to leave a championship team to play for a sub-par organization?

for pedro. money=respect. sox will only pay market value, mets will pay more. hence wells at 3 mill and not pedro at 12 or 11 or whatever the mets are going to pay him.

4 years, $56 million for Pedro according to the radio. Good luck Petey, it's been a good run in Boston and we wish you the best playing in the shithole known as Shea Stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by shamrockpow
    4 years, $56 million ...
    or 14 million a year.

he'll do well down there.

Smart call by Boston... Pedro ain't all that.
    You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness, and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer.

Quote Originally Posted by norest
    Because he's getting old and the American league hitters know it, expecially his daddies. He'll have one or two great years in the National league pitching to a whole new crop of fools. And he'll make a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane
    Because he's getting old and the American league hitters know it, expecially his daddies. He'll have one or two great years in the National league pitching to a whole new crop of fools. And he'll make a lot of money.
    This is very true. If Pedro takes this offseason seriously he could challenge for the NL Cy Young next year - just look how well Roger did.

And don't forget how he shut down the Cards. But, hey, all your guys did that.