Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Done. I work with Gael and his dog at the U of U and can attest to their loving and safe relationship. Hopefully he can get this mess straightened out.

I signed the petition. What is the issue here. That Gael had the dog off the leash?
    off your knees Louie

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Done.
    I added the following comment:
    Reunite Gael and Elon. Love, compassion and common sense are needed here.

fatto (done)

Done and forwarded on to others

Done and will forward to others. I can't believe CCI would do this.

So here is a short piece KSL did on Gael and Elon. The worst part about the whole story is that they lured him to THE MALL on false premise that they were just going to work on some exercises and public area handling and then took him away. When Gael expressed that he wanted to spend a few more minutes with Elon they threatened to call the police to have the dog removed from his custody.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=14234771

Done and forwarded
    Before big games I shoot Rabies, it gives me the edge I need and it’s undetectable. Only idiot losers do steroids anymore...

Done. The KSL article references a written response from canine companions stating

"The organization said, in a written statement, that over the past 35 years, it experienced the loss of 53 dogs due to traffic accidents and being off leash. It said that was why it placed restrictions on dogs"

I would think that they should be able to understand the difference about being off leash inside a hospital and in a roadless mountain resort as completely different and not at all putting the dog at any risk of traffic accidents.

I read the article on KSL this morning. Such a sad deal. I really hope they can be reuinited soon. Rough deal.

Petition signed.
    Keep it unclipped

Here is the facebook page. Let them know how you feel.

http://www.facebook.com/caninecompanions

The comments on fb from people defending the decision make me angry.

This is some bullshit! Apparently the dog provides him full independence....enough so to ride a handcycle up a damn mountain! That's what a service dog is supposed to be there for, support and companionship.

I signed it and posted it on my FB to spread the word, hope others do the same.

Awesome guys. His petition has jumped to well over a thousand since yesterdays count of 400 some odd. Thanks again for the support!!

The more I read the madder I get.

Annnnnndddddd.... CCIs tagline is "Life unleashed"

starting to dislike them
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

done. hope they get reunited soon.

FYI there is a whole lot more to this story than the news showed and what is being portrayed here. Gotta love news "feel good" stories that only provide half of the facts.
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

Done.

Good luck bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    FYI there is a whole lot more to this story than the news showed and what is being portrayed here. Gotta love news "feel good" stories that only provide half of the facts.
    Why dont you provide the other half then?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Yes, there is always more to a story than is told. But in Gael's case the infractions were small. It wasn't like he was rolling around downtown Salt Lake or jaunting back and forth across State St. with Elon off the leash. He had Elon off leash in controlled environments and safe places. I am sure he has been reprimanded for leash infractions in the past but he knows that he has erred and is willing to make changes.

Throw the first stone if you aren't guilty of ever breaking a rule. I dare ya'.

Quote Originally Posted by Missiongravity View Post
    Throw the first stone if you aren't guilty of ever breaking a rule. I dare ya'.
    Not here to throw stones or attack the persons involved. But even just thinking rationally you know it is not as simple as the news made this sound. Just ask yourself, is there some reason he didnt change his ways after any of the previous discussions with CCI about the issue? Obviously a group like CCI would not want to take these actions lightly. If they were awful mean hearted people why would they work with the disabled in the first place? Why all the effort if they really just dont care? As a dog lover, I feel for the guy. But again, this isnt the same as someone just randomly taking your family pet away.

Signed it, how horrible, I hope it gets worked out.

Not here to throw stones or attack the persons involved. But even just thinking rationally you know it is not as simple as the news made this sound. Just ask yourself, is there some reason he didnt change his ways after any of the previous discussions with CCI about the issue? Obviously a group like CCI would not want to take these actions lightly. If they were awful mean hearted people why would they work with the disabled in the first place? Why all the effort if they really just dont care? As a dog lover, I feel for the guy. But again, this isnt the same as someone just randomly taking your family pet away.
    I am sure you would have a different opinion of this whole situation if you knew Gael and had spent even just a few minutes around him and Elon. He would never ever have put the dog in harms way.

I am just trying to help a friend get back his companion/sidekick/pet/friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Missiongravity View Post
    I am just trying to help a friend get back his companion/sidekick/pet/friend.
    Understand and applaud you for fighting for what you believe. My point again, was that the news stories on this do not adequately portray what is really involved. The fact that they only read two sentences from the CCI statement disturbed me and they completely glossed over that CCI had made efforts to solve the issue prior to this occurring. There is also information I have from a reliable source about some of the prior incidents that really disturbs me. Bottom line, I am fine with agreeing to disagree as long as everyone knows this is not as black and white as it sounds.

I commented on their fb page, but it get's filtered into "others." Wtf is that?

And I posted the news story on my wall.
    Last edited by stuckathuntermtn; 02-03-2011 at 06:20 PM.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.