Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ok this thread is old. it's 2012 almost 2013. i've skied Barrons the last 4 years but want to move to a lighter option but still ski in bounds. i've got ski tech friends here in jackson saying they got 80 days on the F12 full time last year without a problem. can anyone vouch for the newer F12 for downhill performance

Bumping this thread for updates on the F12 design faults. Has this issue been resolved yet? I was skiing/touring with somebody in 2011 who had complete failures in both frontpieces of this binding. I have a line on a set of skis mounted with unused 2013 F12s and am a bit hesitant.

Agreed. F12's are excellent.

As long as the F10/F12 doesn't have rollers in the toe wings (first generation), they're basically Squires with touring capability and are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by patxi View Post
    Bumping this thread for updates on the F12 design faults. Has this issue been resolved yet? I was skiing/touring with somebody in 2011 who had complete failures in both frontpieces of this binding. I have a line on a set of skis mounted with unused 2013 F12s and am a bit hesitant.
    Also interested in this information. But I am looking into new 2014/15 model F12. Thanks!

2019/2020 model year: Looks like the Baron now has magnesium "sole headers in the toe and heel housing." Does this mean there is no longer a difference between the Duke and the Baron regarding the plastic in the construction?

https://www.marker.net/en-us/product...-516/?season=2

I'd like to know because I ripped a plastic heel off a pair of several year old Baron's causing a catastrophic equipment failure and runaway ski. Need new stuff now and don't want plastic heel!