Exclamation Move all "Official Conditions" thread somewhere else

All these conditions threads (there's at least 13 on my count) clog up the main Ski/Snowboard forum such that legit stoke and trip reports get bumped within 5 minutes and vanish to the dreadful page 2.

Anyway to move all these conditions threads to the appropriate forum already called "SNOW CONDITIONS AND WEATHER"? I mean, that section of the website was created for a reason, right? I can't be the only one tired of seeing a conditions thread in the main area for every fucking ski resort and backcountry zone in the country.

Interesting idea. Wouldn't change anything for me personally, as i tend to use the 'new posts' button more than individual forums, but i may be the anomaly. Imho these consolidated threads are helpful, help prevent a new thread for minor updates to conditions, and gives each area's locals a place to check in for one-stop info shopping.

btw that RMNP TR kicked ass!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

gunit130 Guest
    do it tye 1on

+1 to using "new posts"

Quote Originally Posted by gunit130 View Post
    do it tye 1on
    heh, nah, i just nuke spam.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    +1 to using "new posts"
    But that doesn't change his point. Sure, I'll still see those threads by using 'new posts', but the TR's and other quality stoke will be shoved further down the page.

If the collective feels that TR's are the gold standard of the best content for ski/snowboard, then i think the idea has merit. If, on the other hand, the thought is that the 'local conditions' threads are like continuous TR's, maybe they should stay in S/S. Personally, i vote door number one, I love me a good TR on a specific trip, but want to keep the local conditions threads thriving as very good current conditions barometers, w/microstoke...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

"New post" feature is great for day-to-day browsing, but let's say you're away for an extended period (a week or so) and upon returning, you click on the ski/snowboarding forum to check out the trip reports. All you get is a flood of conditions threads with TRs not even a week old buried deep into oblivion.

I also mentioned this to Tye as an aside, but the whole advent of these conditions threads has completely killed the TR, and it sucks. It was cool following what individuals were doing throughout the winter in their own separate locales. But since all these threads started to populate like a bad case of herpes in a freshman dorm, there's no following any more outside the people who use that specific conditions thread.

No.

Move all POV TR's to their own forum instead.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Those horrid conditions threads mostly contain stoke.

I vote for a "Colorado only" forum since people from CO seem to be the only ones bitching about this. I'd then vote for an ignore forum button.

gunit130 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Those horrid conditions threads mostly contain stoke.

I vote for a "Colorado only" forum since people from CO seem to be the only ones bitching about this. I'd then vote for an ignore forum button.
    That's harsh bro!

But,

i vote for the stop to fucking shitting on stoke. we've got shitters on local conditions stoke, we've got shitters on improper camera mount stoke, and most importantly, we have shitters on skiing stoke.

all this shitting is, well, shit.

I've sort of trained my eyes to avoid Conditions thread I don't care about, like ads in the newspapers. Until I read NPG's post I never really noticed but yeah, it's pretty thick in there. There's so much crap on that page now I'm not sure that would fix anything and TRs will still get submerged by garbage. But I am for moving them off that forum if it helps just a little.

I do like how Europe has ONE thread for conditions and we seem to need to have one for every pass, ski area, bc zone, and outhouse in North America.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

TR FORUM

its been asked for before, but honestly, if your goal is to keep the TR stoke alive, create a TR forum.

the main forum is the main forum for ANYTHING ski related other than swapping and tech talk
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    TR FORUM

its been asked for before, but honestly, if your goal is to keep the TR stoke alive, create a TR forum.

the main forum is the main forum for ANYTHING ski related other than swapping and tech talk
    Ditto this.

Leave the Conditions threads as are and make a separate TR forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

a hiking forum that I am on (and a few other here; clubtread.com) has that. There is a hiking forum, and a Trip report forum. They've got it further subdivided by region, but thats the grneral idea. Keep TR's in one place, general hiking questions in another.

There are also links within a members profile to all the TR's they've posted, so you can see who contributes, and who just posts up useless ramblings about other forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

I don't go into many of the conditions threads, but aren't they filled with stoke? So you want to move a bunch of threads filled with skiing stoke so that more thread of skiing stoke can appear on the front page?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't go into many of the conditions threads ...
    Exactly my point. And I bet you clicked a lot of threads that started with "TR ..." back when they used to exist as the majority.

Unless you find geographical relevance, it is very unlikely that you're digging deep into these enormous threads to look at a few pictures. There is absolutely no need for a conditions thread at a ski resort on the main page. Put it somewhere else or create a TR forum as suggested above.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Do you mean something like the Colorado Weather and Conditions thread, that's currently in the WEATHER AND CONDITIONS forum?

These threads, or at least the Jackson one that i pollute, have kind of morphed into a conditions/weather/hookup/TR/taco thread...thus defying rampant categorization.

Starting to wonder if the TR forum makes a tiny bit of sense...

gunit130 Guest
    Still waiting on that butthurt forum too.....

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    Exactly my point. And I bet you clicked a lot of threads that started with "TR ..." back when they used to exist as the majority.

Unless you find geographical relevance, it is very unlikely that you're digging deep into these enormous threads to look at a few pictures. There is absolutely no need for a conditions thread at a ski resort on the main page. Put it somewhere else or create a TR forum as suggested above.
    Fair enough. But I guess I just view this as a natural evolution of the board, and not a terrible thing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post

You click on everything with TR but you can't click on something that doesn't say TR even though you know it has stoke in it? What?