Sally Driver toe height issues.

I've got a pair of Salomon STH 16s on their third season. I was remounting them to a new pair of skis today and couldn't get the toe height to work correctly. when we (tech with over 15 years experience and I) raised the toe, the boot wouldn't move with it. no matter what we did we couldn't get the 1mm of space between the AFD and the toe without actually lifting the boot up with out fingers (in the closed binding). now, the boot will slide on the AFD, and the tech who was supervising me swore up and down that I'll get proper twisting release. yet when i put the ski on in my living room and shake it a little, I can feel some play in the toe.

I haven't done a torque test yet, my shop doesn't have the equipment but the hill does. my boot is a season old and their is some uneven wear on the toe as I'm slightly knock kneed.

so, do the techs out there think I should be worried? are there other adjustments that I could try??

thanks.

[edit] I should add that we played with the wing adjustment as well to no success.
    Last edited by ilvsnow; 01-11-2011 at 03:01 PM.