Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Free plane ticket....

Well almost free....

I've got a set of Southwest tickets. They require that they be used before January 11th 2005 and that you fly space available (means if there's a paying customer that wants the seat they get it).

I originally bought them from Frozenwater with the intention of using them for the SLC mini. For various reasons, I'm going to be unable to attend. work

Plane flights into and out of SLC are proving difficult to find (especially if you require multiple legs on your travel) for the weekend before Christmas.

If you think you can use them, I can have them in the mail to you tomorrow. If someone wants to use them for getting to Str8line's camp, I'll throw in overnight postage (being mailed tomorrow). You may have more luck with this weekend than the weekend following.

Edit: The cost to you is that you use them (or make your best effor to use them), and you post pictures if their use involves any of the following : Kids, skiing, family, sex, mountains, biking, or any form of recreation.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

I can so use those when this semester is over, I have yet to get a day on snow this year (fucking mid-Atlantic shit state i live in), and a nice trip out to tahoe sounds great. Of course if there is someone if greater need, i understand... are these tickets good for anywhere? or just to SLC, and is each one round trip, or one ticket one way x 2 = round trip

The AVN Convention is on in Vegas 1st week to January... May I use them for nonskiing purposes?

Here's a reminder of what it was like last year

(Edit dammit the TGR photo gallery links no worky)

Just as a note, there are loads of Northwest flights into SLC available for this weekend. Very cool Telenater!
    "Whoever said skiing on fat skis is like having sex with a fat chick, has obviously never had sex with a fat chick." -Jack Handy

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Punani
    The AVN Convention is on in Vegas 1st week to January... May I use them for nonskiing purposes?

Here's a reminder of what it was like last year

(Edit dammit the TGR photo gallery links no worky)
    No, use em and come to the MINI BITCH!!!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Nater, I'll use em to fly to phoenix to watch the Utes slaughter Pitt in the Fiesta bowl. That way I don't have to drive.

I got a burning use for them, sending PM... now.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy
    No, use em and come to the MINI BITCH!!!

Shit I'll come to the Mini, all i need is a floor, or a car to sleep on/in. I have money for lift tix. but I am still saving up for whistler... which is ruining my life

Once again the holiday maggot love rises from the shaddows of the mountains to reward a fellow skier with the best gift of all....an invitation to the powder filled slopes of Utah. So much kindness in the air, i love it.........
    P.S. - 100th post

those tickets are the only thing keeping me from the mini ---

I vote for yoga (even though we arent voting) this could also double as a photo shoot for the calender is she is there.

nothing against yoga

but first come first serve

i mean cmon guys he hasn't skiied this year, i feel for him as an east coaster

ps-this "storm" that hit us sucks ballssssssssssss, fuckign rained afterwards, i didn't get any snow at my house so i can't go out and jib, i forget what snow looks like
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

First, I do want to reiterate that these tickets are standby there must be an available seat on the plane (as in there are no guarantees). It is one round trip ticket for anywhere that SW flies. Travel must be completed before January 11th.

So far, my inclination is to send them off to Droopy. I'm in favor of sending someone who hasn't skied yet this year to snow.

Unless someone comes up with a better story by 9am tomorrow Droopy is in the lead.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Quote Originally Posted by Telenater
    I'm in favor of sending someone who hasn't skied yet this year

...and with the way things are looking may not ski this year.

If Hardrider gets picked for Gordy's camp, I vote for him getting them so that he can get to SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by slim
    If Hardrider gets picked for Gordy's camp, I vote for him getting them so that he can get to SLC.
    I'll second that vote (and mine is the vote that counts here).
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

First, I do want to reiterate that these tickets are standby there must be an available seat on the plane (as in there are no guarantees). It is one round trip ticket for anywhere that SW flies. Travel must be completed before January 11th.

So far, my inclination is to send them off to Droopy. I'm in favor of sending someone who hasn't skied yet this year to snow.

Unless someone comes up with a better story by 9am tomorrow Droopy is in the lead.

Send it to Hardrider if he gets picked for the camp!

Failing that send it to me and I'll go to the AVN to pick up something inflatable for you! (Me and Droopy posted at the same time, and I was delayed by having to dig up my previous AVN thread, so that means I WIN!) DO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Punani
    Failing that send it to me and I'll go to the AVN to pick up something inflatable for you!
    Didn't you get the memo? For the first time in all of recorded history (convenient that Daniel erased most of it), of the two of us, I'm not the one using the inflatable sheep.
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Didn't you get the memo? For the first time in all of recorded history (convenient that Daniel erased most of it), of the two of us, I'm not the one using the inflatable sheep.
    who said anything about inflatable?

I'm a baaaaaad boy

Well I might as well give it a try... I have skied one day this year on a ribbon of death. I am just finishing up school for the semester and was supposed to being traveling to london from the 15th to the 24th to visit a friend. I couldnt get my final exam moved and couldnt afford to take the incompletes in the class so i am forced to give up my ticket. Called American Airlines the other day to see how much of my ticket i get back and guess what... I get 30 dollars out of my 350 back to put towards another flight.. And since I am a few credits short from graduating I am not able to go out west this year with my normal crew because i have to take a 3 week intensive winter course to gain some credits.

i am not an english major if you couldnt tell..

Sorry, guys this ticket is going to Hardrider.

Time to send out local Kirkwood pizza boy/barista/trailer trash/Pennsylvanian ripper out to party with the big dogs.

Edit: Paging Hardrider or the Hardrider delivery service. How do I get the ticket to you? Overnight to an address or is anyone passing through Davis on the way up to the SLT area tomorrow?
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Oh well... Rip it up Hardrider do the tickets justice, as long as they are used well i guess it doesnt really matter who gets them, and dont forget to post some pictures. If you fail you will be bukkaked by the angry whelk

Tickets are still available. Hardrider will be flying on Arty's frequent flyer miles.
    Best story (skiing related is a bonus by 9am gets it)
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

best story.... shit, its 3:30 in the morning... To be continued

Ok here it is, sorry its so long, once i get started, well you see what happens.....

There I am atop a suspension bridge, my feet bound to a bungee cord, I can hear the countdown as I step toward the edge. 10...9...8...7... I look over and see only darkness… 6...5... A gust of air rushes up from the
    abyss, and envelops me in bone chilling cold… 4...3...2...I lose my footing and fall for what seems like an eternity. The darkness gives way to blinding white. I am now in a free fall, my feet are no longer bound, instead the bungee cord has been replaced with skis. I land like a feather in waist deep blower atop Rendezvous Mountain… I awake with a start. It is 6:30 in the morning and the alarm of my Wagon Wheel Motel room is blaring. As the fog of my dream lifts away I look out the window to see the same blinding white of my dream. It is pounding outside and there is 6 inches of fresh on the car. Before I know what happened I was dressed holding a ringing phone in my hand…Good morning skiers and riders, today is December 30th 2003 we have fresh snow on the mountain this morning with 12 inches on top and 14 inches at mid mountain, the forecast calls for snow continuing throughout today at times more than an inch an hour. I hang up the phone and scramble to get on my boots, it is already 7:15 and the snow waits for no one. I grab my rental skis, and tell my family to wake up before I slam the door behind me. I book it to the front of the lodge where there are already 5 other people waiting for the shuttle from Jackson to Teton Village. 20 min later we are standing at the base of the tram, alas the line is at least 4 trams long. This wont do, so I head over to the gondola, 35 minute wait. Shit, there go all the goods, but wait, I look to my right and see the little beginner Tweeninot Lift with almost no line. There is my ticket, I ski over as fast as I can and am able get on the 6th chair up when it finally starts moving. As soon as my skis hit the snow I traverse over to the après-vous Quad and get what appeared to be the second chair of the day. Alas There I am atop Après Vous and what will become one of the best days of my young life. I head straight down following the normally groomed lift line, which is now covered by boot deep pow. I make large sweeping turns meet by accolades from the lift above, as I drop into an ungroomed steeper section, still following the lift line, I can hear muffled laughter from above, I open my eyes and see only snow, I fell, and I couldn’t get up. That was the first of many face plants that day, as the boot deep of the groomer had turned to thigh deep, something I had never seen before. That was the first day of the rest of my life, on that fateful day in December skiing went from a hobby to an obsession. As I learned how to make turns in the deep and listened to the silence of a powder day something happened. I was transformed from a person bound by the trials and tribulations of the world into a spirit, an extension of the mountain. Because for me, on that day, the philosophies of Taoism became clear. Every aspect of Taoism is found within the turns, a quiet mind free of thought and an effortless effort, for the key to skiing, and to all things is Wei-Wu-Wei, that is to say “Doing by not doing”. So skiing is my crack cocaine, that is why I want those tickets, I need another fix to get me through these days. It is now 4:30 I am going to bed… good night
    Last edited by Droopy; 12-08-2004 at 02:36 AM.

Arrow

Tickets are still available. Hardrider will be flying on Arty's frequent flyer miles.
    Best story (skiing related is a bonus by 9am gets it)
    It was a beautiful storm day in Central Switzerland. I had just boarded the Titlis for another lap of Engelberg pow. No one was on the hill during this freak late season dump.

And there she was.....Inga, whom I met at Yucatan last night entered the cabin. She looked different with her ski clothes on. 5'9", 115 pounds, the most perfet set of 36Ds and legs that seemed as long as the Vallee Blanche, with long platinum blonde hair and eyes like the sky of a bluebird powder day.

The sliding door shut. Our eyes locked for a split second. In an instant, helmets and goggles were thrown on the floor, gloves were ripped off, zippers were yanked, jackets strewn and pants were peeled off. Our lips locked, and tongues locked. She slid her hand down my pants and grabbed by throbbing pole.

Inga was on her knees in the Rotair tram sucking on the biggest chocolate popsicle she had ever seen, using every bit of herwiillpower not to gag. We had not yet clicked into our skis this morning, yet she had already gotten enough face shots to last a day.

At the halfway pint Inga got on the floor on all fours and stuck her hot glistening ass in the air, tempting me with her tight cavern awaiting exploration, and our primeval instincts took over as I mounted her from behind and did the deed much like two patrol dogs on heat.

Her screams rattled the cabin doors as my DH board slid in an out of her untracked virginal and moist racecourse. As we neared the top station we collapsed in a heap on the floor, gathered our ski clothes and skied 6000' of untracked virginal powder.